Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Toyota RAV4 Limited V6 Limited GSA33W (Raiju)
23 Posts
SWEET!! Thank you for the info! I'll have to do some homework on these various models and getting the parts. I might drop you a PM for specifics if that's OK? Who is the US distributor for Modellista? Or would the H&R springs fit the Bilstein B6 struts?

My experience is with a couple Toyota trucks, 22RE motors. Put 300k miles on one and 450k miles on the other. So some of these names are new to me. Man, those little trucks!! Heck, I converted mine to power steering with just a pump, pully and steering box from another Toyota truck! $250 in used parts and straight bolt-in! I miss that simplicity!
I got my Modellista springs off croooober. They pop on once and awhile there and Yahoo Japan Auctions. The companies are 5 fold in Japan for lowing springs. Modellista, TRD Sportivo, RSR, Espelir, Tanabe, Trust (GReddy in the usa), etc etc etc.

In order to find the right set for your application, if I4 search on Yahoo Japan Auctions ACA31W, if V6 search Vanguard (ヴァンガード) or GSA33W. Though a popular mod in Japan is using Bilstein B14 coilovers from the 60 series Harrier.

The options are endless really, just takes research and checking out Minkara to see how the springs you select look before buying them. Minkara is a Japanese owners site that reviews everything by owners. I'm on there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
People in the 3rd gen RAV4 group on Facebook have installed B6's on their 4.3's with no issues with the VSC. Pics from the post.
View attachment 151387
View attachment 151388

I have a set chilling in my closet with Modellista lowering springs from the 350G Vanguard already mounted.
View attachment 151389

Another option is the B14's for a 60 series Toyota Harrier Hybrid
View attachment 151390
View attachment 151391

Hey @84hachi, what is the part number of the Bilstein rear shock?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Bilstein B6
FR: 22-282958
FL: 22-282941
Rear: 24-282963 X2
Nice, thanks!
So both the shocks and struts are from a '13-'17 or so Rav4?
Then I could get front springs from a '13-'17 to fit the struts, right? Easy enough. I wonder if the rear springs from a '13-'17 would swap onto my '10? If so, then I could just get the '13-'17 Godspeed or H&R lowering springs for both ends. Keep it simple. Sound reasonable?

·
Registered
2008 Toyota RAV4 Limited V6 Limited GSA33W (Raiju)
23 Posts
Nice, thanks!
So both the shocks and struts are from a '13-'17 or so Rav4?
Then I could get front springs from a '13-'17 to fit the struts, right? Easy enough. I wonder if the rear springs from a '13-'17 would swap onto my '10? If so, then I could just get the '13-'17 Godspeed or H&R lowering springs for both ends. Keep it simple. Sound reasonable?
I used springs for a 3rd gen Vanguard. If you look farther than new and utilize Croooober like I did, you will have so many more options at a better price.

Example: Vanguard Espelir lowering springs

21 - 26 of 26 Posts