Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I am new to this Rav4world. We just picked up a 2017 LE (our first new car). Well we got our night time driving surprise while driving in Northern New England.

When the low beams are on at night, they cast what another user called a "Bi-Focal" transparent black line across the windshield, very close to eye level. I thought it was me, but when I mentioned it to my wife in the passenger seat she confirmed she was seeing the exact same thing.

This phenomena goes away when the high beams are on, or if the ambient lighting in the area you are driving is brighter. Needless to say we are not happy with this.

Please, before anyone lectures me about projector lenses VS sealed beams, HID's etc?

I read every post here and everywhere else. I understand about not blinding on coming cars etc. etc.

All I am looking for is a fix here. Does anyone have one?

HIDs are out of the question for me.

My plans are (in this order):

1: Try a set of Sylvania UltraStar (or PIA) bulbs in the Low Beam position. Looks like this car uses 9005 bulbs in both low and high beam position's. I don't care about the shorter life span of these bulbs if they fix the problem.

2: Attempt a headlight adjustment to raise or somehow widen this black "cut line" so it is not right in our line of vision.

3: Possibly install LED bulbs

Who on this forum has fixed this problem?

Thanks

DonDwild

·
Registered
67 Posts
The line will be there with any bulb due to the housing arrangement for the auto high beams. Adjust them higher if you wish, just as long as no one flashes you after the adjustment, you should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts