Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to put a simple bull bar or other deer guard on my 1999 Rav4 but I wish there were more to choose from besides the huge Grille Guard.

Does anyone know of anything else that'll fit a 99? (Should I grab the grille guard before it's too late?)

·
Premium Member
1999 Toyota RAV4 with 3MZ-FE 6 cylinder engine, camo wrap, OME lift, heavily modded
2,044 Posts
If you are talking about one like mine, you can leave the bits off that cover the headlights.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1999 Toyota RAV4 with 3MZ-FE 6 cylinder engine, camo wrap, OME lift, heavily modded
2,044 Posts
No It was an easy bolt on. My brush guard was a "1996-2000 Toyota RAV4 Black Grille Bumper Guards Brush Bull Push Crash Bar" (no real brand name on it) although it resembles the Black Horse brush guard. Many of these components are from China from the same manufacturer with differing brand labels on them. Some varies by 100s of dollars. I picked mine up on ebay and they are a little cheaper now than they were then. By the way I off-road at my job sites at times and I needed a brush guard that protects the headlights. The rods over the headlights can be removed but they look great and don't seem to block much of the headlights.

·
Premium Member
2,044 Posts
I think that top center bar is supposed to be a carry handle. LOL

·
Registered
3 Posts
Do you think that this bar is heavy enough to double as a tow bar? I want to be able to flat tow my 99. The other option would be tying to reinforce the bumper bar, or spend over twice as much for the fancy tow bar brackets.
Any experience with each of these options would be helpful to me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts