Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am in the process of purchasing a 2020 Rav4 XSE hybrid.
I am starting to split hairs with some of the packages and upgrades
between the limited and the xse.
My question is, has anyone purchased the limited hybrid and had
the xse black rims put on the limited? I love those black wheels and
think they look so classy. Just wondering. Thank you.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I didn't, but of course you can swap them out. Just the normal TPMS registering when swapping out wheels.

If this help on the buying decision, I believe the XSE has the a more sporty suspension, so not an easy swap as wheels. How much more sporty, I have no idea. It's a RAV, I don't expect a great difference.

If you can find a trade, probably the best option without having a set of wheel and tires just sitting in the garage. Maybe just paint or powder coast the wheels black, less selling and buying. If you are buying an extra set for like winter/summer, nothing wrong with aftermarket black wheels.

Have fun!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your response. I am so new to this, my question is what is TPMS registering when swapping out wheels and what do you mean 'not an easy swap with wheels'
I was going to buy the car new and have the dealer do it

·
Registered
180 Posts
TPMS is Tire Pressure Monitoring System. Inside each wheel, there is a wireless transmitter that will notify the car's computer and driver that the tire is low on air pressure. So, if the wheels are switched out, we have to re-program the computer to sync up with the new set of wheels. It's a pretty easy job, and most of us home (non-mechanics) can do it with the proper software.

Per Toyota, the XSE has "Sport-tuned independent MacPherson strut front suspension with stabilizer bar; sport-tuned multi-link rear suspension with stabilizer bar". So, the Limited will have the regular non sport tuned suspension. Changing a suspension (springs, struts, etc) is much more labor intensive and not as simple just changing wheels. Is there is real driving differece, I have no ideal. Maybe test drive both a XSE and Limited, to see if there is difference in feel for you.

I see...if your dealer does the wheel change, I am sure they will take care of all necessary steps.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hello,
I am in the process of purchasing a 2020 Rav4 XSE hybrid.
I am starting to split hairs with some of the packages and upgrades
between the limited and the xse.
My question is, has anyone purchased the limited hybrid and had
the xse black rims put on the limited? I love those black wheels and
think they look so classy. Just wondering. Thank you.
Very happy with mine - called the Cruiser in Australia.
F8FA6567-9AFD-42EF-A7F1-E067C48D3656.jpeg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TPMS is Tire Pressure Monitoring System. Inside each wheel, there is a wireless transmitter that will notify the car's computer and driver that the tire is low on air pressure. So, if the wheels are switched out, we have to re-program the computer to sync up with the new set of wheels. It's a pretty easy job, and most of us home (non-mechanics) can do it with the proper software.

Per Toyota, the XSE has "Sport-tuned independent MacPherson strut front suspension with stabilizer bar; sport-tuned multi-link rear suspension with stabilizer bar". So, the Limited will have the regular non sport tuned suspension. Changing a suspension (springs, struts, etc) is much more labor intensive and not as simple just changing wheels. Is there is real driving differece, I have no ideal. Maybe test drive both a XSE and Limited, to see if there is difference in feel for you.

I see...if your dealer does the wheel change, I am sure they will take care of all necessary steps.
Thank you so much. This has been a great help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts