Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,759 Posts
Where did you find this? Can you provide a link? A Google search only shows your post and nothing else relevant.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.16.PF6mjv&id=524018425603&ns=1&abbucket=10#detail

It's in Chinese. Price of BSM for RAV4 package is 3600 Yuan (about $541 $1.0 = 6.65 Yuan).

Features:

1. Pushing BSM control switch down, indicator will be ON.
2. After start, the image on the 2 mirrors will be activated.
3. When car speed is above 10KM/h, BSM system will active.
4. When a car in back enters (6M-8M) of blend area range, BSM sign on the mirror will be ON.
5. When BSM signal is ON, and same side turn signal is ON, system will sound 3 alarms
6. BSM system will be OFF when speed is slower than 10KM/h.

The feedback from users: All feedbacks are positive for sensitivity. One feedback complained the mirror quality. He said that the quality, comparing to the original one, is not good. The company's answer was that they will have new version soon. The new version will improve mirror quality.

I've installed arrow turn signal. I know that taking mirror glass off is not easy and running wire thought the mirror assembly is difficult. This one has a connector. There is no way that connector can go through.

I can replace the side view mirrors with heated, turn signal and BSM ready mirrors.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
OK, I just bought one. I'll install it to my 2015 RAV4 LE after I get back.

There is a problem. I've never seen where BSM is located in RAV4. I took rear bumper cover off before, but I didn't see mounting positions for BSM. Is there anyone have picture of oem BSM installed?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I'm in China now. The installation kit I received has no installation instruction, which I really don't think I need. Microwave sensors come with brackets (for RAV4). I haven't get chance to check if they fit. There is a problem I think. The back of side view mirror comes with the installation kit looks different from the one in my RAV4. I am not sure how I can mount it on my RAV4. I contacted the company, and was told it fits RAV4 perfectly. There is a small connector need run through the side view mirror assembly, which will be a challenge.

The company will not ship internationally and they accept alipay only. The installation kit cost 3600 Yuan (about $529 - $537, 1:6.7 to 1:6.8 exchange rate.)

Check following web site for purchasing and shipping:

Superbuy Shopping Agent- online platform for global users to shop Taobao

I've never tried their services. Just give an information.

Following link was the place I bought installation kit:

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.16.PF6mjv&id=524018425603&ns=1&abbucket=10#detail

·
Registered
551 Posts
I found Lachesis One BSM system for 2013-2015 RAV4. It says easy installation. Is there any one install BSM to RAV4 LE before?
i want that power mirror folding inward button.
the only problem is my mirrors don't have power folding option. just power adjust.
is there a way to install power folding mirrors on a '16 hybrid limited?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i want that power mirror folding inward button.
the only problem is my mirrors don't have power folding option. just power adjust.
is there a way to install power folding mirrors on a '16 hybrid limited?
I don't know anything about auto folding and don't have plan to install that feature.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I don't know anything about auto folding and don't have plan to install that feature.
The 4th picture (far right) you posted shows an extra button to the right of the L<-->R mirror adjust rocker:
http://www.rav4world.com/forums/attachments/4-4-exterior/65017d1453380795-blind-spot-monitor-rear-cross-traffic-alert-bsm-04.jpg

That looks like a power folding button where the outside mirror folds in.
European models have that I think.
But mine does not :(
I wish I did so I'm wondering if it's possible to install those.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The 4th picture (far right) you posted shows an extra button to the right of the L<-->R mirror adjust rocker:
http://www.rav4world.com/forums/attachments/4-4-exterior/65017d1453380795-blind-spot-monitor-rear-cross-traffic-alert-bsm-04.jpg

That looks like a power folding button where the outside mirror folds in.
European models have that I think.
But mine does not :(
I wish I did so I'm wondering if it's possible to install those.
The picture is not from my car. It's from Lachesis One web site.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm in China now. The installation kit I received has no installation instruction, which I really don't think I need. Microwave sensors come with brackets (for RAV4). I haven't get chance to check if they fit. There is a problem I think. The back of side view mirror comes with the installation kit looks different from the one in my RAV4. I am not sure how I can mount it on my RAV4. I contacted the company, and was told it fits RAV4 perfectly. There is a small connector need run through the side view mirror assembly, which will be a challenge.

The company will not ship internationally and they accept alipay only. The installation kit cost 3600 Yuan (about $529 - $537, 1:6.7 to 1:6.8 exchange rate.)

Check following web site for purchasing and shipping:

Superbuy Shopping Agent- online platform for global users to shop Taobao

I've never tried their services. Just give an information.

Following link was the place I bought installation kit:

Is there a wiring harness for the two sensors that need to be run to the rear of the car, or are connectors already pre-wired in our cars? Same with the controller and switch -- is this going to be a plug and play job or will there be an electrical mess to handle?

Running the connector for the mirror indicator should be pretty easy if the wire is thin enough. I helped a friend wire side markers into his Honda Fit and it was pretty easy with the right tools (wire fishing line).

Looks like a bit more research might be necessary before I explore purchasing options but it sounds like a good idea so far.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Is there a wiring harness for the two sensors that need to be run to the rear of the car, or are connectors already pre-wired in our cars? Same with the controller and switch -- is this going to be a plug and play job or will there be an electrical mess to handle?

Running the connector for the mirror indicator should be pretty easy if the wire is thin enough. I helped a friend wire side markers into his Honda Fit and it was pretty easy with the right tools (wire fishing line).

Looks like a bit more research might be necessary before I explore purchasing options but it sounds like a good idea so far.
It comes with all harnesses. The controller will be in front, Two sensors connected with lone wires. Each connector has different color (so that's why I don't need installation manual). This aftermarket kit is a independent system. It has itsown controller, sensors, harnesses and heated mirror. So installation will be easy -- just plug-in and play. The power supply is from head unit. It comes with male/female plugs for power supply.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts