Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi -

Recently purchased a 2014 Limited (and also new to this forum).

This question may have been asked before but I can't find an answer out on the WWW. After dark when the car is parked noticed a blinking blue light above the inside rearview mirror and haven't found a reference to it in the owners manual (yet). Did find what the blinking red light next to the clock means (page 76). Any explanation would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. While I don't know all of the factory installed options (yet) it does have an extra FOB-type device on the key ring which we were told was for a remote start. There wasn't any user guide/instructions in the glove box with the other Toyota manuals so I haven't totally figured out how to use it.

We didn't buy the vehicle from a Toyota dealership so may have to make a trip to the place where it was purchased from to get the lowdown on it. When I get the "official" word on what it is I'll update this thread.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If the system is a viper then what you need to do is press the f button then the unlock button. That unlocked the key fob remote. Then press the unlock again it will unlock the car. If you press the circle marked button then the car will start remotely. Again you need to unlock the remote first by pressing the f then unlock symbol then you can preform all fob functions after that including locking and unlocking car. I have same statement and it took me a while to figure it out. If it is not working like it should then you can reprogram by following instructions from viper.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts