Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
$80 each on tire rack right now in 225/65/17. I considered getting these as I am not in need of need winter tires. But do not want to go run flat due to the cons. But if you have a SAP and need run flats WOW. This is a smoking deal!!

BridgestoneÂ*Blizzak LM-80 RFT

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was thinking of getting those instead of Mich Latitude X-ice X12's. What would be the downside with the Blizzak LM-80s. If it's about the road noise, I get that as I took the all-season run flats off my Rav4 and put on some decent Firestone tires (picked these as they were cheap and had a great deal on them).

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just the general RFT negatives. Ride comfort being the top. Next would be weight. Most tires in this size weigh 29lbs. These are 35 which results in a slight loss of acceleration and mpgs. The last would be wear. Generally RFT wear faster. tougher carcass is said to accelerate wear 1 by using a softer thread rubber to compensate and 2 by not allowing the tire to conform to road irregularities and thus more stress to the thread rubber. I did notice that the thread depths of these are 11/32 vs the 13/32" of some others. But this is not a big issue due as the tire I am looking at only has 10/32s" to start with.

Regardless if you have a SAP without the spare you should be running RFT and thus these would be a great option.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I ended up getting the non-RFT (Mich Latitude X-ice X12's). Paid $133 per tire. I needed a quieter tire than the RFT's. If Blizzaks were for my BMW X1 I would have jumped on it, but since the Rav4 can be a bit louder, I have gone with the non-RFT's, the tire inflator spray and AAA. Might consider looking for a donut tire for longer trips. I thought I read that the Honda CRV donut tire would fit on the Rav4.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts