Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received letter from Toyota about repaint but when I emailed them about when? They acted like it was not an issue. Mine leaves paint behind every wash (2010 Limited w/58K). Anyone know something about this issue that started with my RAV4 in 2013.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
You've had this paint issue for 7 years. Have you ever contacted Toyota about it? You said you got a letter from Toyota about it. What did the letter say? Was it in response to your inquiry, or an offer for a repaint?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Prisonbull said:
Toyota (USA) has admitted a fault with the paint is now notifying their dealerships that they are in the process of notifying customers of issues with the specific colours BLIZZARD PEARL WHITE (070) and SUPER WHITE (040).
Toyota Canada just sent letters to owners this week. It looks like warranty extentsion coverage until Feb 9 2022 for all paint codes as Prisonbull stated above (040 &070). It is transferable to different owners and only covers metal panels (Not bumpers, flares etc.). After Feb. 9 2022 it is covered for 10 years after date of first use with no mileage restrictions. You must see a dealer. Compensation for repairs that you made due to issue is available.

My daughter and I each received letter in mail yesterday. She has a 2015 040 Corolla. I have a 2012 070 RAV.

I have some issues on the rear door window sill.

I am impressed that Toyota did this but 15 years would be better as in Tacoma frames.

·
Registered
112 Posts
This thread should end or be moved here:

Mods?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts