Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought the vehicle with a block heater but cant seem to locate where its plugged in on the engine,or the male 110v end sits.? thanks

P

·
0 Posts
I purchase a Rav4 with one too, but couldn't find it. They forgot to install it, you might want to just call the dealer and ask them if they actually installed it.

A

·
0 Posts
On ours, the end of the cord hangs just outside the lower grille on the left hand side of the vehicle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bought the vehicle with a block heater but cant seem to locate where its plugged in on the engine,or the male 110v end sits.? thanks
Took ours back because we couldn't find the block heater cord either (sold to us as block heater car). "No problem, bring it in." When my wife brought it back home, here's a cord sitting on the seat. Couldn't even be bothered to plug it in. Directions that came with it only show me how to plug it in to the wall outlet; nothing about where to locate plug on engine. What a joke. After almost 40 years of nothing but Toyota this might be my last. Thanks Calgary Southpointe Toyota. Your service sucks ars!!
I'm still looking for female side to plug it in!!
Anyone know?

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Took ours back because we couldn't find the block heater cord either (sold to us as block heater car). "No problem, bring it in." When my wife brought it back home, here's a cord sitting on the seat. Couldn't even be bothered to plug it in. Directions that came with it only show me how to plug it in to the wall outlet; nothing about where to locate plug on engine. What a joke. After almost 40 years of nothing but Toyota this might be my last. Thanks Calgary Southpointe Toyota. Your service sucks ars!!
I'm still looking for female side to plug it in!!
Anyone know?
This thread shows where the block heater is: For those with block heaters installed (V6)...

·
Registered
49 Posts
nnkimba, I had no problem with starting rav4 few weeks ago in Edmonton with -35°C. Just use nice synthetic oil, even 5w20 in winter time (Toyota approved synthetic 5w20 for their V6 engine) and not really need block heater.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts