Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed the condenser, radiator, and radiator fans from my 96 last weekend to fix the hood latch support. When I put everything back together, it wouldn't run. After some diagnostics, I found the EFI fuse was blown. I replaced it, the RAV started, and it's been fine so far. I have no idea what I might have done to cause the fuse to blow, so it makes me a little nervous, thinking it might blow again any time. I put a box of fuses in the glove compartment just in case, but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what might have caused it to blow.

Thanks in advance!

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,757 Posts
I removed the condenser, radiator, and radiator fans from my 96 last weekend to fix the hood latch support. When I put everything back together, it wouldn't run. After some diagnostics, I found the EFI fuse was blown. I replaced it, the RAV started, and it's been fine so far. I have no idea what I might have done to cause the fuse to blow, so it makes me a little nervous, thinking it might blow again any time. I put a box of fuses in the glove compartment just in case, but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what might have caused it to blow.
That's probably why most service manuals start all procedures with "Disconnect negative battery cable" even on jobs where you would think it wasn't necessary. Maybe one of the fan connections got grounded momentarily, it doesn't take much.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts