Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I should be heading off to my mate's Dyno this morning, but he didn't turn up, so I went to the tack again and had so much fun until my radiator says bye. It's about time the old radiator gives up. She provides more than 10 years of service.

I made a video today too. VW golf got wasted. EVO 8 got wasted. Here is the link. it's a 10 min video. With some interesting sounds of wheel screeching ahahaha.

http://www.flurl.com/uploaded/another_track_run_with_lot_more_cars_70838.html

·
Registered
779 Posts
This is one reason why I do not use a high-pressure radiator cap. I hope you were not using one without a modified cooling system designed to take the increased pressure.

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Great to see kidong getting busy, but I'll tell you the truth, that Castrol billboard looked offley close at some times. But then I realized that you have the driver seat on the other side. :roll:

Regarding the Radiator, using the TRD Radiator cap along with the TRD thermostat would this combo avoided this unfortunate situation? Also, a produce called Water Wetter from Red Line. BTW, I have an address that sell LARGER RAV4 radiators if you or anyone is interested.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mensa, I am way ahead of you on this one. I've changed the thermostat and the hosing long time ago. It's just that the stock radiator I got has been through a lot.

I'm also using the racing rust inhibitor coolant, works similar to water wetter, except it's design for racing, nothing like glycol based material.

As with the radiator, it dies of old age. I was thinking of getting a full aluminium one from the radiator place. Cost like US$250.00 for a brand new full aluminium one. The old radiator serve me well. Did around 200,000km on it and never had a rust spot. The reason why it got a leak is probably due to a stone chip at the track. At top speeds of 110+mph on the track, even a small rock is enough to make a hole on your wind screen. Not to mention some cars go faster than that on the track.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts