Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a few weeks ago, my bluetooth just stopped working. Let me explain. I was coming home from work and had paired my phone with the bluetooth and it connected and my music was playing and I went to call my mom and it pulled up her name and showed it was calling on my phone and on the screen in the car. But when it answered, I couldn't hear her and she couldn't hear me. I tried turning the volume up: nothing. Because I was driving, I wasn't able to pick up the phone because in my city its hands-free. When I was able to stop, I called her back but tried to change from the car speaker to my iPhone speaker or even to the regular speaker but it wouldn't let me. I eventually had to disconnect my phone from bluetooth altogether and call her normally from my iPhone.

Since then, it no longer tells me who is calling it just says (private caller) and when I use the answer on my steering wheel, it answers but theres no time counting anymore and I still can't hear anyone and they can't hear me. Also, when I try to hang up, sometimes it won't let me and then it completely disconnects my phone and then reconnects it. I don't know what happened but its driving me nuts!!! I don't want to get pulled over because I'm using my phone!!

The music works just fine but I don't want to connect it to bluetooth anymore because I never know when I'm going to get a phone call. I've just been using my iPhone headphones because I can at least make calls and answer them.

If there's any more details that I forgot, I can answer them. I really need some advice if anyone has any. I really appreciate it!!

·
Registered
9,163 Posts
My wife had a similar problem, but not with an iPhone. After multiple calls to her phone service provider she determined that there was some app. running in the background but didn't show as running on her display. Her service provider explained to her how to get the app. to stop running by completely shutting down the phone and doing a reboot. That cured the problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome. I'll definitely try calling my service provider or seeing if I can find out something similar. Thank you!

·
Registered
9,163 Posts
Awesome. I'll definitely try calling my service provider or seeing if I can find out something similar. Thank you!

Let's hope that your problem can be easily solved. Please post back with results - it will be very interesting for others who have or will have the same situation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts