Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently bought a Rav4 Hybrid Limited 2016 with the advanced tech package. I've noticed that the rear view camera seems fairly blurry, especially when I compare it to my girlfriends Prius. I have attached a picture. Is it in fact blurry or does it normally look like this?

Edit: If anybody else can post pictures of theirs it would be very helpful as well. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
209 Posts
It may be as simple as the same problem that I recently experienced. There is a protective shipping plastic film over the camera lens that the dealer forgot to remove. Once removed it was great.

Frank 2015 Rav4 XLE AWD with 17K miles

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It may be as simple as the same problem that I recently experienced. There is a protective shipping plastic film over the camera lens that the dealer forgot to remove. Once removed it was great.

Frank 2015 Rav4 XLE AWD with 17K miles
I did check that but unfortunately that does not seem to be the case as I didn't find any film over the lens.

·
Registered
RAV4 HV Limited, Prius Prime Advanced
2,089 Posts
There's a couple different "modes" the camera can be in. One is a fish-eye sort of mode that's pretty blurry.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There's a couple different "modes" the camera can be in. One is a fish-eye sort of mode that's pretty blurry.
The mode that I took the picture in is panoramic mode. I'd love to see some pictures from other rear view cameras so I can compare them before I bring it in to the dealership.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Looks blurry to me. I'd go in for service and see if you can convince Toyota the camera is defective. It's an easy enough unit to replace so shouldn't take too long to do once they get a new camera in for your Rav4.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks blurry to me. I'd go in for service and see if you can convince Toyota the camera is defective. It's an easy enough unit to replace so shouldn't take too long to do once they get a new camera in for your Rav4.
Thanks for the reply. I'll hit up my salesman today and let him know (just purchased it a week ago) and get it serviced. If anybody else can provide me with some feedback too and possibly pictures of theirs I'd much appreciate it!

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
The mode that I took the picture in is panoramic mode. I'd love to see some pictures from other rear view cameras so I can compare them before I bring it in to the dealership.
First you need to demonstrate the different camera modes to yourself. The wide angle mode is pretty useless. Your picture doesn't look too far off.

Unless you really like hanging out at dealerships.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
First you need to demonstrate the different camera modes to yourself. The wide angle mode is pretty useless. Your picture doesn't look too far off.

Unless you really like hanging out at dealerships.
I hate hanging out at dealerships but I would also like what I paid for to be working at its peak performance. When comparing my camera to my girlfriends camera in her 2015 Prius there is a pretty big difference in quality (blurriness).

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
I hate hanging out at dealerships but I would also like what I paid for to be working at its peak performance. When comparing my camera to my girlfriends camera in her 2015 Prius there is a pretty big difference in quality (blurriness).
Still waiting for you to say that you tried the different image mode and that its just a blurry. The Prius has a different camera system.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Still waiting for you to say that you tried the different image mode and that its just a blurry. The Prius has a different camera system.
Sorry wasn't sure what you originally meant. I of course checked the other cameras. The two side cameras are much clearer and the front is clearer as well. Even when showing the birds eye view the rear part of the image looks much blurrier than the rest of the image.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Sorry wasn't sure what you originally meant. I of course checked the other cameras. The two side cameras are much clearer and the front is clearer as well. Even when showing the birds eye view the rear part of the image looks much blurrier than the rest of the image.
I'll try this one more time.
The rear view camera has more than one display mode. Read the manual. You're looking at the extra-wide view mode. Try the narrower view mode.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts