Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to replace the condenser and radiator and had to remove the right headlight to get access to everything. The bodywork where the arrow is popped out and both clips broke. Does anyone know what type of clips are used to hold the two pieces of bodywork together? Or even what that piece is called that runs all the way across the front (the right side of the arrow)?

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just found the piece on parts geek and they call it the bumper filler. Still not found what type of connector I need.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I bought mine from Amazon: Genuine Toyota (53145-42010) Radiator Grille Clip

5.0 out of 5 stars**1Reviews

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
I broke that clip when I removed my bumper. . It is very difficult to remove and that is why it is easily broken. That is a Toyota part only and there does not appear to be any aftermarket parts.
I did not put the clip on until the last day before I sold my car since it was easier to remove the bumper without it on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
53145-42010 looks to be just what I was looking for. Thank you!

How exactly do they go on? Do you need to take off the inner fender and push them through the back of the fender?

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
53145-42010 looks to be just what I was looking for. Thank you!

How exactly do they go on? Do you need to take off the inner fender and push them through the back of the fender?
You do not need to take the inner fender off. The entire grill/bumper only needs to be removed.

You need to push that clip through a square hole with something like a needle nose plier or what have you. May need to add some grease to make it go in easier. You need to place masking tape around that entire area since it is so easy to scratch the paint. Put it in slowly working the clip through the hole as it is very tight. Very frustrating no matter how careful you try. Glad the Gen3 model did away with this type of clip and makes removing the bumper much easier.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts