Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think this has been discussed before,but I can't find it.My wifes 15 LE AWD had 2 body plugs in the glove box in a plastic bag when she bought it last Jan.I had it in last week for an oil change and mentioned it to a service tech and he popped them in 2 holes in front of the rear wheels.I'm just wondering if this was a bad thing,driving it for 10 months with these holes exposed,a couple of months which were on salt covered roads?

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
That exposure probably wasn't damaging but it's worthwhile to give the undercarriage a good wash occasionally where road salt is used. In any event Toyota's corrosion protection warranty is in effect.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,895 Posts
There should also be 2 identical plugs just behind the front wheels.

·
Banned
57 Posts
That exposure probably wasn't damaging but it's worthwhile to give the undercarriage a good wash occasionally where road salt is used. In any event Toyota's corrosion protection warranty is in effect.
Toyota's warranty only covers
Corrosion Perforation
This “rust-through” coverage is for perforation of sheet metal and lasts for 60 months, regardless of mileage. Meaning the framework/ chassis is covered and everything else is not.
Toyota's bogus warranty.
Toyota RAV4 is listed or ranked as #10 in the Top 10 vehicles that rust the most. Surprisingly, the Toyota Camry ranks as #1 car the least to rust/ or be rust free and Honda Civic is #2 rust free.
You may want to consider Trading In your RAV4 or privately sell it. The Honda CR-V is much better than the RAV4. You may look into the Mazda CX-5 but they depreciate much faster than Toyota.

·
Registered
717 Posts
NoToYoda said: "You may want to consider Trading In your RAV4 or privately sell it. The Honda CR-V is much better than the RAV4. "
If you like 1.5 liter mini-motor with a turbo pounding the hell out it. If you like rubber band transmissions. If you like draining the excess fluid (gasoline) in the oil pan in the winter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts