Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife just bought a new Prius (very nice little car, by the way). She chose to have Body Side Moldings added. At first I was skeptical, but I have to admit, they look really sharp on her car. It's a cool-looking car without them, and (to my surprise) I think they make it look better. And I think they will protect it fairly well against parking lot door dings (around here, they are making parking spaces tighter and tighter, crazy narrow, and dinging/scratching the next car over is hard to avoid).

Now I'm wondering about getting body side moldings added to the RAV4 Hybrid Limited I'm planning to buy soon. But I've never seen them on any recent model RAV4 - have you? How do they look? Are they effective? I see a LOT of recent model RAV4s around here, none seem to have these side moldings. Hmmm.... Am I smarter than everyone else, or do I have more money than sense?

Same question for the door edge guards. Wife skipped these on her new Prius, but I'm thinking these would be a good minor improvement at a small cost. Any thoughts on these?

Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Lookie here on mine,

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! I have looked at (what seems like) a million RAV4s, this is the first example of one with the side moldings that I've seen. I like it. :thumbs_up: BTW, I'm also getting the mudflaps.

Now, about those door edge guards... :D

·
Registered
423 Posts
Thank you! I have looked at (what seems like) a million RAV4s, this is the first example of one with the side moldings that I've seen. I like it. :thumbs_up: BTW, I'm also getting the mudflaps.

Now, about those door edge guards... :D
I didn't think that they were necessary. I also had the rear bumper appliqué put on.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I installed color matching versions for both the door edge guard and BSM (and shark fin antenna). Since I commute by train to NYC my car spends a lot of time in a parking lot. Very useful for my purposes.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have them on both my RAV and my HL. They are same color as your vehicle. I really like them

·
Registered
72 Posts
I really like....and want to get the side mouldings however the price is still quite high. As for the edge guards....not so much.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I really like....and want to get the side mouldings however the price is still quite high. As for the edge guards....not so much.
At the dealership, while waiting to sign papers, a woman came over to us with a laptop and showed us all kinds of add-ons... funny how your total price adds up after this.. lol... Wife wanted the side moldings, and kinda glad we did, I like them. I might get the edge guards, already finding that I'm getting close to other cars when opening the doors.

·
Registered
449 Posts
At the dealership, while waiting to sign papers, a woman came over to us with a laptop and showed us all kinds of add-ons... funny how your total price adds up after this.. lol... Wife wanted the side moldings, and kinda glad we did, I like them. I might get the edge guards, already finding that I'm getting close to other cars when opening the doors.
I DIY door edge protection including hood front lip and headlights with clear 3M Scotchguard. Bought precut for headlights and 3/8"x12' roll for door edge.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Do you have a link for what you ordered?
Didn't buy online. From a local retail shop selling this stuff. You can look it up online. Ebay and Amazon sells them. Pricing online cost more than my local shop. I just phone them and pick it up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts