Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed body side molding on their Rav4? I'm having trouble finding a place that sells these.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,895 Posts
Has anyone installed body side molding on their Rav4? I'm having trouble finding a place that sells these.
\

I found mine on Amazon. It actually came from a Toyota dealer in Florida. I have also seen them on Ebay--usually it's a dealer selling then there as well.

·
Member-RAV4 ReGeneration
264 Posts
I decided to install body side molding, and ended up going to Toyota.com/accessories to get OEM, and correct color and style. There are many dealers selling these.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I wanted pearl white to match the car. The UK dealer told me only black is available when I ordered the car. Couple weeks later back in Florida a RAV4 passed me on I4 in Orlando and when he pulled in I asked him where he had got them from. The dealer, he replied, duh

I drove up to I50 to the dealership in Orlando. Next day I had them in my hand and they found their way back to the UK! Job done. -Graham

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone self-installed these? I wonder if they come with templates so that you can just slap them on? I recently bought a magnetic gray XLE hybrid.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Has anyone self-installed these? I wonder if they come with templates so that you can just slap them on? I recently bought a magnetic gray XLE hybrid.
There are measurements/instructions to install them. It's not rocket science but good to know the "correct" placement.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,895 Posts

·
Member-RAV4 ReGeneration
264 Posts
I have purchased my side molding, and I'm now waiting for warm weather to install them. I previously installed similar moldings on my Prius, and it was not difficult. Pre-measuring, with tape marking, and surface preparation, ensure the best outcome.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts