Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Body Side Mouldings

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  CB91710 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Yesterday I installed body side mouldings on my 2015 Rav4. After reading the instructions I was really fearful of screwing up the install . The instructions have the measurements in millameters which I converted to inches. What I finally figured out was the measurements are not as critical as the instructions portray. If you use common sense and get the measurements close on the front door and use a straight edge to line up the rear moulding with the front door the install will look great. Left side following the instructions to a tee took two hours. Rt side using the straight edge took ten minutes.
Some of the instructions measurements: I could not find a tape that measures in mm so I converted mm to inches.
83mm= 3.27 inch
350mm= 13.78 inch
7.8mm=.307 inch.
These measurments are absurd. How do you measure .307 of an inch?
I taped the mouldings in place, lined them up and installed. Look great.

#2 ·
Good that you got the moldings installed. Am surprised that a metric tape wasn't available since all of mine also have metrics. With those instructions even the metric is weird with, for example, 7.8mm. Some have ignored the instructions and simply placed the moldings where they actually wanted them, being consistent with both sides. Mine were dealer installed apparently according to instructions, but I wish that they had been mounted lower since that would provide better protection from more door dings. As it is, they appear to be more cosmetic than practical.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.