Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finished the CAI today need to pick up some better hose clamps tomorrow didn't care for those with the kit, heat shield fab will probually begin tomorrow also.

On another note I have found in stock the Bosal cat back system for a fair price. However I am concerned about the sound level. I don't want it to sound like some fast and furiopus highschool kid junkie. I hate those ricey little cars running around town so annoying.

So if anyone can provide any info or feedback it would be appreciated.

Scott
40 year old dad of 2
97 RAV 4door AWD
New wheels in the garagae waiting for the OME to arrive

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Well Scotty, It is a very delicate balance. I'm going to give you a little info of what I did. When I installed the Cold Air intake K&N. When I installed the Apollo K&N Filter. i read that is said, "Not Legal on the Street of USA" I said, "Tartar Sauce". Little did I know that when I installed it with the Magnaflow Muffler. The sound is a little high. When I move out in the morning their isn't an car alarm that won't go off. To the point that I'm considering installing an extra Resonator. The bottom line:The more air that goes into the engine, the louder it will sound. But also I have to say. The power is also cool. Even my wife likes it. But you just have to know when and where to use it. I live in the mountain of Puerto Rico. Where Torque is a must. Some police tolerate a lot of extra exhaust sound for obvious reasons. But you can do so much, then get a ticket for $150.00 bucks :oops:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Bosal Catback

Scott. In answer to you'r question the Bosal Brospeed Catback syatem that I instaled on Cubby our 99 5 Door RAV4 4X4, has a nice Raspy Burblie sound about 1/3 as loud as my sons Dodge Neon, loudest under hard throttle then dying down to being overshadowed by common road noise by 55 to 70 MPH. We have a 4" cold air intake system and a Pacesetter header with other mod's. My wife and I find the sound injoyable and for me it helped to personalise Cubby for me. The RAV4 exhaust just didn't cut it. By the way Im 64 years young and my wife is in her 50s :) that said if you need more info etc don't hesitate to contact me :cheers: vicco27 Keep Rollin:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sold Out :(

Bad vendor sold out never dropped internet add Back to square one!

Scott

·
Registered
198 Posts
bad vendor

Scott, was the vendor who didn't drop the internet ad the one I posted, www.performancedepot.com ? If not, try them. If it was, try Bosal International, back east, I don't have their phone number...they had one 2-door, 95-97 kit left that could be modified like I did mine to fit your 99. Only difference being you would have to extend the catalytic converter to pipe piece to be longer than what I did, since mine was a 4-door kit to begin with. Also, Borla had a cat back kit on eBay that didn't sell. Check with Borla. Keep in mind, if you find any pre-98 kit, it could be modified easily to fit post-97. Sorry your first source didn't work, hope you can find one. You could always go to a muffler shop, if caught in the right mood they could probably build you one for about $500. Keep in mind, stainless steel stuff is expensive.

vicco27

Keep Rollin'

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Mohit said:
I agree with mensajero, custom is the way to go 8)
Sometimes, as much as we want to dig for answers. We get the old "run around". It's better to say to us. "Get away from here kid, you bother me". Years of looking for performance parts for my RAV4 have shown me this. :roll: To evade frustrations, it's better to do it yourself. Or, go to a person, to do it, with your guidance. If you are paying a little extra, have it your way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts