Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a year ago, I changed out my plugs replacing them with Bosch 4+ plugs (4418?). These new plugs have four electrodes - so are different than other plugs I have seen. While there was no change in driving around the city - there was a great improvement in driving at 70+MPH with the new plugs. The car sometimes would ping shifting gears (automatic) at this speed with OEM plugs - but the pinging was nearly gone with the new plugs - plus I had a lot more power from 65+ MPH. Anyone else have this experience? I have 1996 RAV4 Automatic without any other ignition mods.

Q

·
0 Posts
i had those in my car also. I liked them a lot, car ran much smoother. i dont have my rav4 anymore, but i do miss it =) I would also recommend suggest trying denso iriduim plugs

P

·
0 Posts
I just installed the Iridiums as well and I am amazed at the difference. I had a real crappy idle with a lot of spitting and coughing. It hums now and there is noticeably more power.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Spark Plugs

I have Bosch 4+ plugs in my Caldina Taxi ( same 3s-fe engine as my Rav4) they are excellent, and I will put them in my Rav at the next plug change

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Wow,all these comments surprise me. I had the e3 spark plugs before and they caused misfire. Then I installed the stock double-tipped platinum NGKs and the car is still running great.

If I've ever read anything about the Bosch +4 is nothing but horror stories, so I'm surprised to hear good stuff about them in 3s-fe engines.

Now, how long have you guys run the spark plugs in your cars? I'll keep the platinums I have for a long time (considering the maintenance schedule is real long for these plugs), but I'm interested in hearing how the +4 perform.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I to use the Bosch 4+ plugs. I've been using then for about 4 years now. I changed mine last week and the wires and things couldn''t be better. I haven't been on the highway with them yet. I'm trying not to drive to much until I get the t-belt changed. On that note, the Rav goes in to get her T-belt changed. It is long overdue.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Hey peeps.

Recently had the local Toyota dealer fit new spark plugs as soon as I bought the car - just wondering .... would they just fit the cheapest plugs or decent ones ??

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Check your invoice, the OEM for the 3S-FE is the double tipped NGK platinum, at a regular store they are about ten dollars a plug, so if you look at the invoice, you'll know what they used.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts