Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OBD 1350.jpg

Stand alone OBDII scanner as you might expect. Purchased to provide raw data over the processed data driven by many Android apps.

What I like:
1) Easy to use
2) Alternatively battery powered so it can be operated independent of host power
3) Customizable data capture
4) In depth instructions available for download
5) Extensive DTC reading and provides helpful guidance on correcting errors
6) Provides "most" of the data I'm looking for . . .

What I don't like:
1) It's only software compatible with Microsoft, which singularly excludes me.
2) What disappoints me the most is it doesn't provide transmission fluid temperature. It has the capacity to, should a vehicle provide it, I'm suspecting one of two things; a) the 2005 RAV4 has a separate TCM, which I don't believe to be the case, or b) the ECM doesn't read the fluid by mechanism of temperature, but instead just monitors for an open or short in the circuit, indifferent to everything in between. I know for instance the A/T OIL TEMP light will illuminate if the sensor indicated temperature is <-40° or >302°.

Looking forward to testing more modifications in back-to-back comparisons with ECM provided data, instead of Android apps and proprioception.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Incidentally I'd like to add, that in my opinion aftermarket radio manufacturers (like Kenwood for example) are unbelievably dropping the ball here. Radio manufacturers should be cooperating with OBD reader companies to offer these benefits as organic, built in features. No different than say Kenwood does Garmin for navigation. It wouldn't require the radio to be spliced into the ECM either, as it could communicate to Bluetooth readers attached to the OBDII port.

Some free chicken for you Kenwood 😑

·
Registered
168 Posts
Incidentally I'd like to add, that in my opinion aftermarket radio manufacturers (like Kenwood for example) are unbelievably dropping the ball here. Radio manufacturers should be cooperating with OBD reader companies to offer these benefits as organic, built in features. No different than say Kenwood does Garmin for navigation. It wouldn't require the radio to be spliced into the ECM either, as it could communicate to Bluetooth readers attached to the OBDII port.

Some free chicken for you Kenwood 😑
My Kenwood in my Camry can do that if I get the add on module. And a lot more.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
The Maestro RR allows you to run PIDs and scan DTCs? Clear faults and erase them from your ECM? Does it have the capacity to turn solenoids on and off for service checks to isolate problems? Does it do an emissions test upon startup? If so, please explain more because I've been searching the Earth and sky for one like that!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the screenshots (y)
I'll look into it more. I'm looking for another stereo head unit. Would love to find something with OBDII integration.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Thanks for the screenshots (y)
I'll look into it more. I'm looking for another stereo head unit. Would love to find something with OBDII integration.
I haven't tried it myself since I would have to get another module. Debating about getting it though. The radio I have is the Kenwood DMX-7706s btw.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts