Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just called my local dealer and he said they would not arrive here until the end of December. Sucks that they won't be arriving here until the end of the month, while the west coast already has them.

I hope the V6s don't take until March!

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Not everybody in the West Coast got it. I just called mine and they said they'll call me as soon as they get them, which means they don't have it yet. I can dare to guess the Ravs are either in LA or SF or someone in Portland where Kelly is 8) .

·
Registered
102 Posts
I received an e-mail from one of the dealers in this area (Albany-Schenectady-Saratoga NY area, and they expect to have one this week. However another local dealer said it would be in January, with the 6's in February.

A third dealer sent me a full 2006 RAV4 Brochure.

·
Registered
102 Posts
The dealer that sent me an e-mail yesterday saying they would have one this week, sent me an e-mail today saying they had received a silver Base model, 4X4, at ~$23K. She didn’t give any other details on it.

The powerstteering on my 98 Plymouth Grand Voyager died yesterday, so if the cost is high to fix it, I may be desperate for a vehicle now. I'd like the RAV4's to be out for a month or so, before deciding - I know all the RAV4 people won't appreciate this, but the other vehicle I'm considering is a 2006 EX AWD Element. I think my wife likes the looks of the new RAV4 a lot more, so guess what the decision most likely will be.

·
Registered
654 Posts
jadenison said:
...the other vehicle I'm considering is a 2006 EX AWD Element. I think my wife likes the looks of the new RAV4 a lot more, so guess what the decision most likely will be.
Have you test driven an Element yet? If you haven't, test drive it and then test drive a 2005 RAV4 if you can't find a 2006 yet. I felt a difference in power between the 2005 RAV4 and the E. Before hearing about the V6 and larger RAV4, I was almost sold on a 2006 EXP Element. But after the test drive, it was off my list. I still like the concept of the E and the looks, but there's just some things about it that I can't live with.

If you transport people or pets, keep in mind the ride from the back. Back seat is very bumpy and the windows don't roll down. The manual moonroof is pretty much useless. There's good leg room and great cargo space. I alao like the spacious feeling in the front. If you haul a lot of big stuff, then the E will provide more cargo space. In my opinion, they are cars that provide different functionalities. I think it's just a matter of which car fits your (and your wife's) needs the most.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts