Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2010 RAV4 and both my fans aren't working , my compressor is good and I have enough refrigerant in the system but my fans are just not working can someone help..?

·
Super Moderator
12,330 Posts
First thing I'd check is the fuses.

Reactions: Big Bird

·
Registered
65 Posts
Please provide more info on how this led up to the you knowing the fans are not working. Any repairs done?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well about 2 years ago I had my compressor replaced and then this summer season I turn on the a/c and it's blowing mild air so take a look underneath the hood and I noticed that my fans aren't working
I thought it was the compressor again but after a mechanic checked it out he also noticed that the fans weren't working as well. What could it be? I want to be informed when I go to get it fix because I don't want to get jerked.

·
Super Moderator
12,330 Posts
Depending on the ambient temp just idling the engine for a few minutes should start at least one fan w/o the A/C on. So that would be my first test. If it passes that the A/C system could be low on refrigerant which would keep it from even trying to work.

·
Registered
89 Posts
You could always disconnect the fan and apply the correct voltage (12v?) and polarity directly to the fan. If it spins you have a fault in the control circuit/logic. If it doesn't spin you fave a failed fan.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Well about 2 years ago I had my compressor replaced and then this summer season I turn on the a/c and it's blowing mild air so take a look underneath the hood and I noticed that my fans aren't working
I thought it was the compressor again but after a mechanic checked it out he also noticed that the fans weren't working as well. What could it be? I want to be informed when I go to get it fix because I don't want to get jerked.
When your mechanic checked it out, couldn't he have checked as to why the fans weren't working?

·
Super Moderator
12,330 Posts
Reactions: ravenuer
1 - 10 of 10 Posts