Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Bowl lights and the rear led window switch

3K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Gymnbat 
#1 ·
I found the bowl lights for the door handles and also found the b style led lighted single window switches. Has anyone successfully used both of these and got them working? I know they both have extra wiring with adapters and i want to make sure before I buy both of them its plug in play or if there is anything else i will need. Or maybe a video that has been made for this?

Gesture Liquid Data transfer cable Circuit component Electronic component
Tableware Liquid White Light Product

See less See more
#2 ·
No idea, but how's this:

$0.92 solution - glow in the dark stickers

free solution - use your fingers to find them. Why would you need to take your eyes off the road to figure this simple task out?

I still don't understand this forum's obsession with glowing window switches. It is truly that people desire what they do not have.

#3 ·
If you can help me find blue ones I’m in ;).

No idea, but how's this:

$0.92 solution - glow in the dark stickers

free solution - use your fingers to find them. Why would you need to take your eyes off the road to figure this simple task out?

I still don't understand this forum's obsession with glowing window switches. It is truly that people desire what they do not have.

#4 ·
I’ve used both of these with no issues. It’s plug and play. I connected the bowl light harness first and then the window switch harness. It’s so much nicer with these buttons illuminated.
I also swapped out the passenger side door lock switch to have it illuminated.

#7 ·
I have both from CarTrimHome and have had no problems. CarTrimHome has videos on their web site showing how to install. The earlier versions of the drivers bowl light required a wiring mod for USA vehicles, but it appears that that is no longer required for my kit was plug and play.

#12 ·
I tried the stickers. They will not be ‘charged’ to show you where to press when you need to see where the button is. Has anybody tried Amazon glow in the dark paints?

Already switched to backlit button for driver buttons. Passengers can just fumble for switches.

#13 ·
How hard is it to find a window switch in the dark! They are placed right where you expect them to be and shaped the same way for decades, making your fingers able to "see" them very quickly and easily.

I get that convenience has taken over and allowed us to not bother with turning a key to open doors and start a vehicle, having to adjust climate controls, and on; but this? Maybe there's a voice command option needed?

#14 ·
How hard is it to find a window switch in the dark! They are placed right where you expect them to be and shaped the same way for decades, making your fingers able to "see" them very quickly and easily.
Not everyone perceives the world exactly like you do. It took me two full years just to learn how to use the Honda/Toyota style window switches when I left behind my Ford Explorer I had driven since I was 17. Being unfamiliar with the shape of the button makes finding and operating them in the dark monumentally more difficult. The human brain does not like when you interrupt habitual behavior.

Some people have less tactile sensation in their fingertips due to injury, age, or any number of reasons. That makes finding buttons harder to find in the dark.

Just because something is super easy for you doesn't mean it's the same for everyone else. If adding backlit buttons makes someone's ownership and operator experience that much better, why would you complain about it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.