Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
07 Rav4 Limited 4 cyl. 4WD

Can anyone tell me the torque settings for the front and rear caliper bracket bolts, and also for the front and rear caliper pins?

Is there a reason why a 4 cylinder Rav4 with a 3rd row seat takes different front brake rotors?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
For the first question, I suggest you try to find that data from 2006 repair manual PDF. It is not easy to navigate, but the advanced PDF search can help.

For the second question, the weight capacity of the 3-row vehicles is more. Contrast the GVWR value on the sticker between 2- and 3-row vehicles.

·
Your Humble Administrator
16,447 Posts
07 Rav4 Limited 4 cyl. 4WD

Can anyone tell me the torque settings for the front and rear caliper bracket bolts, and also for the front and rear caliper pins?
This is copied and pasted from the service manual:

9. INSTALL FRONT DISC BRAKE CYLINDER MOUNTING
(a) Install the cylinder mounting with the 2 bolts.
Torque: 98 N*m (999 kgf*cm, 72 ft.*lbf)

(b) Install the cylinder with the 2 bolts.
Torque: 34.3 N*m (350 kgf*cm, 25 ft.*lbf)

11. INSTALL REAR DISC BRAKE CYLINDER MOUNTING
(a) Install the cylinder mounting with the 2 bolts.
Torque: 88 N*m (897 kgf*cm, 65 ft.*lbf)

(b) Install the cylinder with the 2 bolts.
Torque: 26.5 N*m (270 kgf*cm, 20 ft.*lbf)

Is there a reason why a 4 cylinder Rav4 with a 3rd row seat takes different front brake rotors?

Thanks
Yes, you get the larger brakes from the V6 due to the added weight of the 3rd row.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
While I am asking Brake questions, does anyone know why one of the brake caliper pins on many Toyotas has a rubber grommet at the end, and the other one does not? Does it matter which position it is in, top or bottom?

·
Registered
244 Posts
While I am asking Brake questions, does anyone know why one of the brake caliper pins on many Toyotas has a rubber grommet at the end, and the other one does not? Does it matter which position it is in, top or bottom?
Not sure why the black rubber gromment is only on 1 pin, but on my 2013 Rav4, the pin with the rubber grommet is in the bottom position.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Not sure why the black rubber gromment is only on 1 pin, but on my 2013 Rav4, the pin with the rubber grommet is in the bottom position.
It is the same on my 2009. One one caliper the rubber ring has broken so it does not appear to effect braking.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'd guess it's there to temper the movement of the caliper and possibly to help prevent caliper vibration. Why not have the bushing on both? Who knows.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts