Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Rav4 2013 with 27000km, i replaced my front brake pads at 19000km only last January now, I'm hearing annoying sound on my front brake.

Whenever I put my car in R and back out, then shift to D drive a bit and brake - theres an audible "CLUNK" or "Thud" sound coming from front driver side. After that the noise will go away when I brake, unless I go in reverse then forward again. It happens only the 1st time I brake after changing from R to a forward gear.

Any thoughts and advice please.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Sounds like the typical brake pad "minor" sliding/shifting and hitting against the caliper housing; although, it's no big deal but can be annoying. If you really want to get rid of the noise, you can try to clean the backside of each brake pad, shims, the mating surface area on each caliper then reapply the lubricant between all contacting surfaces as appropriate; another option is to try a different brand (if not OEM) of brake pads that will fit the caliper more snugly.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like the typical brake pad "minor" sliding/shifting and hitting against the caliper housing; although, it's no big deal but can be annoying. If you really want to get rid of the noise, you can try to clean the backside of each brake pad, shims, the mating surface area on each caliper then reapply the lubricant between all contacting surfaces as appropriate; another option is to try a different brand (if not OEM) of brake pads that will fit the caliper more snugly.
Thanks for the above feedback, Toyota checked it also and they said the same thing.

Any other thoughts from our expert here in this forum?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts