Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '08 V6 4WD with 1700 miles. At around 1400 I notice a slight vibration in the brake pedal when pressure is first applied. This happens in park as well as in drive.

It feels like rubbing of metal on metal in the pedal mechanism. You can hear it and really feel it if you get down and press it with your hand. This is only happens for the first quarter of an inch of pressing.

The first trip to the dealer was frustrating because they just cleaned and deglazed the brake pads. When I asked them why they did this when the problem also occurs while in park, the technician told me nobody gave him that information. So we walked out to the car so I could show him personally. He acknowledged the vibration and said it was normal. He said he would open a case with Toyota anyways.

The dealer said they couldn't do anything more, because Toyota didn't have anything on file to fix this problem and it wasn't considered a safety issue.
The problem was suppose to be from a spring expanding and contracting.
I don't know if this was Toyota's explanation or the technician's.

After going back and fourth with them, they agreed to look at the pedal in more detail. They said they took the pedal assembly out, they lubed all the pivot points, bushings, springs, and it didn't change anything.

They are still sticking with there original claim. Toyota knows about this, this is normal, there are no safety concerns.

I have been searching the internet like crazy, I think I would find something if this was normal. Has anyone come across anything similar?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a '08 V6 4WD with 1700 miles. At around 1400 I notice a slight vibration in the brake pedal when pressure is first applied. This happens in park as well as in drive.

It feels like rubbing of metal on metal in the pedal mechanism. You can hear it and really feel it if you get down and press it with your hand. This is only happens for the first quarter of an inch of pressing.

The first trip to the dealer was frustrating because they just cleaned and deglazed the brake pads. When I asked them why they did this when the problem also occurs while in park, the technician told me nobody gave him that information. So we walked out to the car so I could show him personally. He acknowledged the vibration and said it was normal. He said he would open a case with Toyota anyways.

The dealer said they couldn't do anything more, because Toyota didn't have anything on file to fix this problem and it wasn't considered a safety issue.
The problem was suppose to be from a spring expanding and contracting.
I don't know if this was Toyota's explanation or the technician's.

After going back and fourth with them, they agreed to look at the pedal in more detail. They said they took the pedal assembly out, they lubed all the pivot points, bushings, springs, and it didn't change anything.

They are still sticking with there original claim. Toyota knows about this, this is normal, there are no safety concerns.

I have been searching the internet like crazy, I think I would find something if this was normal. Has anyone come across anything similar?
I think I'm having the same issue, having a rav4 for 5 month now.
For me I have that vibrating sound coming out of the pedal happening most of the time while been in traffic jam, pushing the brake quickly triggers the sound, pushing it slowly doesn't. I think it happens more on release of the brake but also sometimes while pushing it. And it started to happen just today, it wasn't like that before.

Did you sort it out?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts