Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a 2016 RAV4 with 3000 miles on it and I have noticed if I am driving at around 20 mph taking a turn, my brake would pulsate for 2 seconds. It does not always happen but I am wondering if anybody else has noticed that in their car.
Thanks,
Amish

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,722 Posts
You have warped brake rotors--a common occurrence. Have the front rotors turned (or better yet replaced) along with the brake pads.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Since your RAV is a 2016 suggest that if this is annoying you take it to a dealer for evaluation under the terms of the warranty. With only 3000 miles on your RAV you should not be experiencing any brake problems. However, since the pulsing occurs only under limited conditions the dealer verdict may be that it is normal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
its your ABS kicking in. when you turn and brake at the same time at that speed the system thinks one of your wheels is going to lock hence the pulsation, much noticeable when the road is uneven. Do you get pulses when braking straight?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine has about 20k and was doing the same thing. I took a long shot and backed off all the lug nuts and torqued them correctly. The idiotic dealer can't seem to figure out the torque specs on the RAV or even come close to getting them in the ballpark. So far, after I torqued them correctly, I have had no issues.

BTW..they had them at over 140 foot ponds the first time, and between 110-and 125 the second time.
You mean Newton-meters (Nm) not foot-pounds (ftlb). Wheel nut torque is around 80ftlb or 110Nm.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,722 Posts
You mean Newton-meters (Nm) not foot-pounds (ftlb). Wheel nut torque is around 80ftlb or 110Nm.
All the Toyota manuals I have say the lug nuts should be torqued at 76 lb/ft.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I only get the pulsing stuff when turning never going straight.
Ok finally got to go to the dealership for my first oil change. The technician said no trouble found for the pulsing issue. He indicated the rotors and brakes are wearing evenly. I have not had an issue happen since then though so maybe it was a lug nut torque issue. No idea at this point

1 - 7 of 7 Posts