Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a question. What is the socket or "special tool" needed to remove the axle nut from my 07 Rav4? I cannot find it online or in a manual. Its like a star nut with an indented key way. I need to know this because I want to get my rotors turned.
Thanks, Jordan

·
Registered
104 Posts
You'll see a hole with threads on the rotor. Can't remember the size but just find a bolt that fits and wind it down causing it to push the rotor out quite easily...

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
like bighitx says, there are two 1/4 inch threaded hole along the 5 lug bolts, just thread a bolt in each of those holes and turn them a bit alternating bolts until the rotor pops out.

good luck!

·
Registered
99 Posts
removing the rotors just use 10mm bolts with 1.5 inch length or . you can see 2 small holes just wrench it with the bolts or you can use a hammer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You don't need to remove your axle nut to get your rotor off but if you are looking for that answer because you have to remove your axle nut anyways it is just a regular 30 mm socket. The trick to getting it off is to take a small, but strong, screwdriver and pry that little part of the nut that's indented out enough to where it wont mess your threads up as it backs out. If your trying to remove all this to replace your wheel bearing or wheel hub assembly I found it easiest to buy you a $10-$20 3-jaw-puller (at least 8 inches) and before you pull your rotor off, (if its stuck), use that leverage to go ahead and break your axle free from the wheel hub assembly (which it's likely rusted to.) Most people make the stupid mistake of beating it with a hammer either with the nut off or on either of which can likely screw up your threads enough for you not to be able to replace said nut without painstakingly rethreading the axle or buying a new one all together.

-Work smarter, not harder, Wayne Carter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
possiblytrent
Toyota RAV4 Forums
Rav 4 World is the internet's largest Toyota Rav4 SUV and EV online forum community. Discuss towing, modifications, and more.
Full Forum Listing