Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2017 Rav4 Hybrid makes a noise SOMETIMES when I brake, sometimes it does not. Along with the noise I feel a slight jump or movement from the brake pedal. I do not even have to come to a stop, if I am siting at a light with my foot on the pedal it will happen. I would not be as worried if this happened all of the time, but it only happens sometimes. I have taken it back to the dealer and each time was told it was fine, they cannot find anything wrong. I took a drive with the mechanic who also heard/felt it, but after looking at the car they found nothing. Is this noise and movement in the pedal normal?

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,729 Posts
Maybe the movement or jump that you feel is the gas engine cranking up or shutting off?

·
Super Moderator
10,144 Posts
I agree with JuneBug. Could just be the complex hybrid mechanisms doing their thing.

Of course it's a different hybrid system but my '06 Accord does one weird thing almost every time I come to a stop and the engine shuts down during Autostop. Somehow the climate control moves something inside itself and does so with a faint plastic-on-plastic squeaking sound. I've looked under the dash and watched it move but have no clue why.

So if the dealer says it's okay in this rare case I'd believe them. Hybrids have a lot going on to save fuel so what's happening with the brakes is probably related.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 2017 Rav4 Hybrid makes a noise SOMETIMES when I brake, sometimes it does not. Along with the noise I feel a slight jump or movement from the brake pedal. I do not even have to come to a stop, if I am siting at a light with my foot on the pedal it will happen. I would not be as worried if this happened all of the time, but it only happens sometimes. I have taken it back to the dealer and each time was told it was fine, they cannot find anything wrong. I took a drive with the mechanic who also heard/felt it, but after looking at the car they found nothing. Is this noise and movement in the pedal normal?
Hi are you still driving your rav? I have the same issue with my 2017 rav4 if i release the brake you will hear a squeaking sounds. It’s happening very often which is annoying. I took it to garage they said everything was ok when they’d check but i am not convince though. Was your issue been resolve?

·
Premium Member
7,938 Posts
The OP hasn't been online here since Dec '16.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts