Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also have a brand new 2018 Rav 4 LE 4cly gas that has the same strange noise. We have about 1200 miles on the vehicle now and the noise continues and may be louder.

Sounds like a high pitched electrical noise - does not sound mechanical in nature - very similar to what you would get at at hearing test. The sound does not seem to start until the vehicle is around 50+mph.

I plan to bring it to the dealers attention when it goes in for the 5000 mile service.

I am going to try using painters tape around the windshield and seems to try to rule out wind noise.

Very pleased with the Rav4 mechanically, but this noise is very annoying when traveling on the highway and can be heard over music\radio.

ll keep the board posted if I find a solution.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also have a brand new 2018 Rav 4 LE 4cly gas that has the same strange noise. We have about 1200 miles on the vehicle now and the noise continues and may be louder.

Sounds like a high pitched electrical noise - does not sound mechanical in nature - very similar to what you would get at at hearing test. The sound does not seem to start until the vehicle is around 50+mph.

I plan to bring it to the dealers attention when it goes in for the 5000 mile service.

I am going to try using painters tape around the windshield and seems to try to rule out wind noise.

Very pleased with the Rav4 mechanically, but this noise is very annoying when traveling on the highway and can be heard over music\radio.

ll keep the board posted if I find a solution.
Did you ever find a solution for the noise? I recently test drove a 2018 rav4. I absolutely liked everything except I notice the same noise problem. So I did not purchase.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks! I had to install an encoder to do the conversion. The converted audio retains the noise, but the spectrum plot shows some loss of the magnitude of the 6kHz signal.

It is beginning to get cold outside here. I noticed that the sound nearly disappeared completely when the temperature was in the 30's F. When it got back up into the 50's, it returned.
Did you ever find a solution? I really want to purchase a 2018 rav4, but was discouraged because of the same noise when test driving it on the highway.

·
Super Moderator
10,929 Posts
The two member you quoted haven't been on the forum in years so if they found a solution we never heard.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts