Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 ACA38 2.4L 2WD

Anyone fitted a set of Brisk EVO spark plugs to a 2.4L Rav???
I’ve heard of some people not fitting iridium plugs and comes up with an error code.
Does this error code appear on the dash or through Connection and monitoring via the ECU???

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Why not just fit Iridium you may ask ..
I’ve used iridium plugs a number of times on my road bikes and I’ve had 3 fail over the years.
2 within 500kms from new ( both NGK )
and 1 Denso at about 3000km.

·
Super Moderator
9,893 Posts
I've been here 10 years and never heard of a premature spark plug failure - or of Brisk EVO plugs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been here 10 years and never heard of a premature spark plug failure - or of Brisk EVO plugs.
Well you learn something every day mate.
Do a little research and the world is your oyster...
Might be a bit out of your league on this one mate...

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
I doubt you will get an error if you use non-iridium spark plugs. Some spark plugs do not well but Denso and NGK iridium are the recommended spark plugs. By all means put what you like but there is no way of knowing how they will perform until you try them.

·
Super Moderator
11,015 Posts
I live in Texas where Brisk is located and this is the first I've heard of them. Seems that several of us are "out of our league". (n)

·
Registered
589 Posts
Well you learn something every day mate.
Do a little research and the world is your oyster...

Getting my popcorn... usually when a user joins a forum, one would show a little deference to long-time members. Welcome aboard but please check your attitude at the sign-in page.

I’m due for a spark plug change soon and likewise haven’t heard of this brand before, despite a few decades in the auto hobby. I look forward to hearing how it goes for you if you choose to try them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No offence intended.
Have run them on my motorcycles for a couple of years and found gains using them.
No need to side gap copper core plugs any more.

·
Super Moderator
9,893 Posts
Yeah mate, I guess I must be out of touch. My business for the last 25 years has been dynotuning motorcycles and to date no one's ever said, "I want you to dynotest my bike to see how much extra power I'm getting from my XYZ spark plugs." But you never know, maybe tomorrow. ;)

Reactions: @2011rav4

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Different league ,
That’s not a knife... now this is a knife... lol
It’s just typical Aussie humour and piss takin mate...
Don’t take it to heart..
But that’s life down under for you where bang for bucks isn’t referring to a 357 magnum... lol

Try a set Brisk EVO plugs you’ll be surprised.
You will understand and appreciate how they initiate a better burn with their construction and working dynamics.
Much like ceramic coating your chambers, valves and pistons, most don’t realise the advantages because it’s just not the norm...

·
Registered
589 Posts
Generally it’s an interval set out in your service recommendations in the manual. In my case The plugs are listed to be good for 160,000 km, but I come from Fords where the plugs will carbon up long before that and can break when removing them. I pull and check them starting at about 100,000 km, then annually after that until they are pooched. Simple quick check anyway, and I read my engine’s “story” in the meantime (running rich, lean, checking for valve stem oil leaks, etc). Old habits die hard, and I started wrenching in the mid-90’s when these 160,000 km plugs were just coming on the market.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts