Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I managed to break the cruise control lever/stalk off where it enters into the steering wheel on my 1998 Rav4 L. Wondering if this is an easy repair, what is involved to replace the stalk? The main multi function switch is seperate from the piece which broke but the stalk operates a seperate switch in the steering wheel hub....thinking of trying crazy glue.....advise?..... tips?....

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
Hey gaps,

Welcome to the boards...here is a link below to someone that ran into the same issue... you may want to reply to that posting as well for further details...

http://rav4world.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2718

Also if you could please identify your country flag in your Profile , as it may help others better assist you in the future, since the RAV4 models had slight differences or features in different countries...

Thanks in advance,

DJ Sueno

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DJ, thank you for the welcome and info. What I have here is different from what that link describes....my cc is actually broken off just where the stalk goes into the steering wheel. It looks like some disassembly will be needed to replace the arm. The link you provided refers to the on/off switch which is located at the tip of the arm/stalk.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts