Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Also known as Bosal Performance. As a new member, I'm hoping the following directions will help whoever it was that asked about installing early 95-97 Catback systems on 98-00 RAV4s. It's pretty straight forward. The 95-97 Bosal system I bought consists of 3 parts, the muffler, the intermediate pipe, and a short adaptor pipe. The early muffler mount prongs stick straight out to the side. The 98-00 prongs must run front to rear. On the Bosal system, I elected to add 1/8" x 1" SS flat strap braces straight down to the nearest logical point. I then drilled a 1/2" hole below the existing prong, a little offset to the right so the muffler would be positioned to the left for better exhaust extension appearance. Then I installed 1/2" x 3" SS bolts, double-nutted, facing to the rear. I rounded the heads off so they would go through the mounts easier. Once the muffler is hung, install the long pipe to the muffler, no gasket needed. Wire the front of the long pipe up. Also, make sure the Cat is being help up properly. The Cat end involves cutting the flat flange off the front of the long pipe, cutting the proper bend and short straight out of the short adaptor, and welding the flat flange and short bend together to the long pipe. It will then bolt directly to the back of the Cat using the original 95-97 gasket and and bolts giving a smooth flow.

Borla has a 95-97 Catback system on eBay right now and it looks like it could be adapted similarly. I'm assuming any 95-97 Catback system could be done basically the same way. There are a couple of US sites showing 95-97 Catback systems. By the way, if you wanted to use 95-97 steel anchor mounts, which unbolt from the frame, you wouldn't have to modify the muffler.

If anyone wants to see photos of the conversion, I'd be happy to email some of the finished project to them. Later, I might post a couple on this site if someone wants me to and I can figure out how.

P. S. Bosal still has ONE 95-97 2-door Brospeed Catback system left for $185.00 US Keep Rollin'

·
Registered
302 Posts
I was hoping this could apply to the 2001+ Rav4's but I guess they have different mounting.....still haven't found any aftermarket exhaust system made specifically to the 2001+ models....

anyways, you can always post pics for everybody to see....

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To : pyxy_567

I have no idea how much difference there is between the 95-00 and the 01-05s, but where there's a will there's a way. I would buddy up to some one with an early rav4 and put yours and there's both up on hoists at the same time and compare them. It might be easier than you think once you compare them.

I am not very computer literate our pictures are in a Kodak easyshare programe and we are not sure how to post them on this site. However we are going to try.

My forte involves welders. engines. wrenches. that sort of thing

Keep Rollin'

1 - 3 of 3 Posts