Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any luck browsing phone music library connected via Bluetooth from Entune screen?
I can skip, pause or play the track, but I cannot browse and select a specific track of folder.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Music stored on Andorid phone (HTC)
For example, on BMW HU you can browse phone storage for music via BT.

·
Registered
49 Posts
That must be using a different BT Profile. Check what the car is asking for permission for and which profiles it is using. To explore files it must be using a storage or file profile

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just went to Besbuy and played with several car stereos. Kenwood DVD headunit has an option to browse files on the phone, but it didn't work for me. Hands on "Searching files".

·
Registered
49 Posts
You could also try changing these settings and try plugging in via USB. Not wireless though.

In reading BMW are using WiFi for their system.

·
Registered
49 Posts
It's device and Android version dependent. I have a USB C device with 7.1.2 on it. It's also a Nexus device so you might find I have other features not implemented by 3rd parties.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OK
Looks like my HTC One M9 is missing SPP (Serial Port Protocol). This is why I was not able to browse mp3 files from my phone via BT.
Tested LG Phoenix and iPhone 5C. Both have this option. I can browse files. Not by Folders, but at least I can play m3u playlists!
Some progress.
See photos attached.
Can someone confirm protocols supported by Entune with other phones?

·
Registered
49 Posts
That's awesome that you figured it out. I knew that it had something to do with the profiles.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Interesting glitch. If no .m3u playlist files on the phone, the Browse button is missing.
On LG phone I have an option to create playlists. Then after reconnect BT I get Browse option.

Browse button will appear only if SSP BT profile is available AND at leadt one .m3u playlist file on the phone.

So, Entune DOES support playlists via BT.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Looks like many phones are not fully compatible with Entine. I was surprised my flagship HTC is not working well with Entune, but AT&T GoPhone LG Phoenix 2 works well.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
Did you get any further with this? I'm still intrigued. I'm wondering why iPhones can be connected via USB and Android cannot

1 - 20 of 22 Posts