Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

401 - 420 of 440 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Rav4 Hybrid XLE + Cold Weather, Ruby Flare Pearl
106 Posts
Yeah definitely. I do want to pull the signal post DCM, but i'm not sure which wire or how the DCM even looks. I read post #300, but is there a picture of exactly where I'm suppose to tap into? Thanks for your reply by the way.
Using the Red Wolf harness with spade connectors for the speaker of your choice, clip the wires from pins 2 and 4 (there should be an indicator of pin 1, and pin 1 is also the furthest from the connector latch). Thats the DCM output. You connect the connector side of the wires to your amp inputs, and the spade terminal side of the wires to your amp outputs.

·
Registered
2019 RAV4 Hybrid XLE Blue
80 Posts
Once you pull all of the console controls, the DCM is obvious. You will have to unbolt it and even after you do the DCM connector in the back is still very difficult to get to. Toyota didn’t give much play room to work with the wires.

If you do use the wolf connectors, recognize the colors on the connectors are not right (red is actually negative)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Using the Red Wolf harness with spade connectors for the speaker of your choice, clip the wires from pins 2 and 4 (there should be an indicator of pin 1, and pin 1 is also the furthest from the connector latch). Thats the DCM output. You connect the connector side of the wires to your amp inputs, and the spade terminal side of the wires to your amp outputs.
Thanks for the info, Gnochi! This helps!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Once you pull all of the console controls, the DCM is obvious. You will have to unbolt it and even after you do the DCM connector in the back is still very difficult to get to. Toyota didn’t give much play room to work with the wires.

If you do use the wolf connectors, recognize the colors on the connectors are not right (red is actually negative)
Thank you!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thus far no one has reported damage from amplifying further the right front dash analog audio feeding into the DMC. I have a sneaking suspicion the DCM takes this input and digitizes it in order to mix with nav/emergency connect audio but I may be incorrect...
somms, have you noticed that the rear channels are drastically weaker than the front ones? Did your amp fix this problem and boost the volume of the rear channels?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Can anyone please let me know what size screws to use with the plastic speaker adapter after removing the rivets? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
I’m assuming some folks had to disconnect the 12v battery for amp installs. Any issues with error codes or reprogramming the head unit settings, etc? Even more specifically if people have tried this on the hybrid.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I finally got around and installed an amplified sub using the taco harness. I tapped into the 12v from the rear outlet for the remote start, but I hear a light boom from the sub when I turn off the car. Any reason why that would occur?

·
Registered
2020 Rav4 Hybrid XLE + Cold Weather, Ruby Flare Pearl
106 Posts
I finally got around and installed an amplified sub using the taco harness. I tapped into the 12v from the rear outlet for the remote start, but I hear a light boom from the sub when I turn off the car. Any reason why that would occur?

View attachment 153268
That system might discharge the power capacitors in the amplifier through the subwoofer instead of an alternative path. (Note that capacitors not discharging is a huge safety hazard; just about every reputable system will discharge them when turned off.)

·
Registered
28 Posts
That system might discharge the power capacitors in the amplifier through the subwoofer instead of an alternative path. (Note that capacitors not discharging is a huge safety hazard; just about every reputable system will discharge them when turned off.)
So this is normal?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thought THIS harness may help a few people as its cheaper than the taco one.
Your still need to cut and join the wire to feed your speakers/amp.
ordered today to the UK so cant comment but looks to be correct bits
View attachment 151679
T
Hi Griff. Have you recieved the cables yet?

If so, would you be so kind and take a few measurements? If we have the exact measures i can create this connector in fusion 360 and 3d print it.
Turned up Today.
IMG_5248.JPG

·
Registered
71 Posts
infintity ref $70 or jbl club $45 for the dash?
I just purchased the JBL club from Amazon hopefully the Ebay connection harness arrives sooner before July 8 by Speedpak and i could give u my take. I just want something better but not high end. The OEM ones installed Has me scratching my head as to why? Lol! It's just Dollarshop plastic! I think i will Also add a powered subwoofer after and keep the speakers in doors as sound not too bad for now. Not sure if I'll tackle installing myself however.

·
Registered
2020 XSE Silver/Black Hybrid
202 Posts
I just purchased the JBL club from Amazon hopefully the Ebay harness arrives sooner before July 8 by Speedpak and i could give u my take. I just want something better but not high end. The OEM ones you installed Has me scratching my head as to why? Lol! I think i will add a powered subwoofer after and keep the ones in doors..
so you didnt order the Red Wolf harness? I have the JBL 11 piece setup but pondering the dash speakers as the first upgrade

·
Registered
71 Posts
so you didnt order the Red Wolf harness? I have the JBL 11 piece setup but pondering the dash speakers as the first upgrade
I didn't do RedWolf Harness because it would have been $60 Canadian as opposed to $20 from eBay. Someone posted here that it would work. I Paid almost $80 for speaker so didnt see the logic. I am keeping the Rav a while so I could have just spliced the connection but - just wanted To do it clean i guess. Because you already have the JBL 11 speakers i would go up to the Infinity because you might notice more of a clarity relative to what you have.

401 - 420 of 440 Posts