Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

421 - 440 of 440 Posts

·
Registered
Rav 4 2020 Hybrid LE
1 Posts
I believe there is a harness for audio right behind the the panel where there is a sub woofer in XLE, which is left with female connector as open.

Any clue ?

·
Registered
2020 XSE Silver/Black Hybrid
202 Posts
I didn't do RedWolf Harness because it would have been $60 Canadian as opposed to $20 from eBay. Someone posted here that it would work. I Paid almost $80 for speaker so didnt see the logic. I am keeping the Rav a while so I could have just spliced the connection but - just wanted To do it clean i guess. Because you already have the JBL 11 speakers i would go up to the Infinity because you might notice more of a clarity relative to what you have.
I ordered the JBL and will test them, if not satisfied i can return and get the infinity

·
Registered
202 Posts
this red wolf was the wrong harness :(, does anyone know which is the right one?

·
Registered
202 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
must be this one

Yes that is the one

·
Registered
28 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Keep in mind that the polarity is reversed for the back speakers even though the wire colors are the same (at least in my adventure). So I just said forget the harness and cut the wires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
202 Posts
Keep in mind that the polarity is reversed for the back speakers even though the wire colors are the same (at least in my adventure). So I just said forget the harness and cut the wires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
or you can flip the female plugs

·
Registered
71 Posts
Installed the Rockford Fosgate p300-12 Powered Subwoofer today and the Bass Pounds solid, distortion free and solid. Vehicle vibrations are manageable considering the light grade car pieces lol. You will see the rearview mirror tremble and on the outside the license plate will rattle. Im pretty pleased so far as the car system sounds heavy. The box is attached via velcro on the carpeted matt. Unplug the 3 wires from subwoofer box to remove easily when ready for more room. Subwoofer will only work when ignition is on and its automatic. Head unit functions just same with controls. I wont be doing tailwhips or burnouts so it should be stable enough given the heft of the box. I decided to let a professional install it for me- i just couldn't be bothered. I do have the JBL club 3020 and will install myself in dash as its super easy but have to wait another 3 weeks for the connector harness coming Off ebay. I hope its the correct one! I'm wondering what format of music connection gives the best audio now through head unit, Carplay, Bluetooth, USB stick? I'll have to explore and if anyone can share. I've attached 4 pics!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Long read but I’m curious to other people’s experience with EQ through the HU upon upgrading.

After putting in aftermarket speakers, the EQ imbalance of the HU has really become evident. I mainly listen to metal and EDM. The EDM sounds solid in most cases, but the metal is impossible to tune. High range frequencies of cymbals and vocals are WAYYYY too loud. Screaming metal vocals sound like they are always distorted/clipping even at low volume. No amount of head unit EQ changes can fix this. Also, lots of variation between different recordings/albums/etc. It’s like I need to EQ every song. Anybody have similar issues with EQ? My assumption is that an amp alone won’t really fix this?

So with that in mind, I visited my local car audio shop asking about DSP or LOCs to process EQ and I was told there is no way to use them on the current gen Ravs because of “noise cancellation” which reduces road noise. I believe he was referring to the automatic sound levelizer (ASL) on the sound settings of the HU. Seemed fishy. Since these would be after the HU in the signal chain, wouldn’t the DSP or LOC do just as it was intended? For tuning and setup, you’d need to set the ASL to “off” anyways.

I see people have used DSPs or even a proper LOC with some EQ functions. Has this helped balance out the sound and EQ?

·
Registered
2020 Rav4 Hybrid XLE + Cold Weather, Ruby Flare Pearl
106 Posts
1. Disable the automated leveling.

2. Get an aftermarket EQ and get it properly RTAd if you can’t do that yourself. Your local shop is smoking something - at worst, you end up with the same sound, and you will almost certainly see big improvements. If you use a DSP with time alignment, even better.

·
Registered
11 Posts
That’s what I was thinking but I needed a sanity check. Definitely thinking some time alignment might be in order too.

I’ve got my eyes set on the Kicker 47KEY200.4 amp. That should take care of many of my problems with a very reasonable price tag. The settings can’t be customized but I will be fine as long as I can flatten out the EQ a bit.

·
Registered
28 Posts
So I went ahead and installed an Axxess AX-DSP and it sounds so much better. I still need to tweak the EQ, but I love the fact that I’m able to adjust it on my phone. Everything was plug n play and very easy to install. I also went ahead and installed their bass knob near the arm rest so I can control the sub bass while driving without having to lean forward. Well worth the purchase.

·
Registered
10 Posts
@somms
Did you come across an issue where sound didn't come out of the AMP? I bought mine on FB (wires were still sleeved) and would hate to have bought a dud. Power LED is blue. Should it be Green? I am running a bunch of temporary wires to confirm it works before permanent placement.

IMG_20200627_092606.jpg IMG_20200627_092548.jpg IMG_20200627_092735.jpg IMG_20200627_092741.jpg IMG_20200627_092749.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, this carries all audio out to the speakers in the 6-speaker non-JBL 2019 RAV4
Thanks for your post. I installed JBL speakers to replace all 6 of the stock speakers. It already sounds better, but I want to install an Alpine Head Unit Power Pack KTP-445U. It uses a 15 amp fuse, so I can tap into the power wire of the head unit instead of wiring directly to the battery. Unfortunately, I have no idea which wire is the power wire. I also want to tap into the ground wire of the head unit. Please help!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for your post. I installed JBL speakers to replace all 6 of the stock speakers. It already sounds better, but I want to install an Alpine Head Unit Power Pack KTP-445U. It uses a 15 amp fuse, so I can tap into the power wire of the head unit instead of wiring directly to the battery. Unfortunately, I have no idea which wire is the power wire. I also want to tap into the ground wire of the head unit. Please help!
Wondering why you want to go with that amp? It doesn’t offer much in terms of performance, price, footprint, or features. It only saves you from spending the money on an amp wiring kit. Online reviews speak highly of that amp, but the thought of potential damage to the head unit or stock wiring from overloading a circuit that is already being used doesn’t seem worth it. I believe the harness with the power wire also connects to some of the car’s computer components. Wouldn’t want to burn up any of those wires by mistake $$$

Connecting to your 12V battery will always be the simplest and most reliable connection. And if you want to do that, there may be a better amp out there.

If you are still brave enough, you’ll need the Toyota wiring diagrams to figure out the wire colors and which harness they are on.

421 - 440 of 440 Posts