Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

461 - 463 of 463 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #461
Yea we did a polarity test, everything came out normal. This is where the problems start though, everything is set properly including the processor but nothing is working well. Both of us think it's that PAC adapter. But we don't know, from what my installer told me, is that the adapter is only used for the controls, it could lose some audio signals on it (-2 to -4 dB), but it shouldn't do that. We are thinking that replacing the Audiocontrol DSP with a Helix to see if that fixes the issue but we don't know. I've been in audio engineering for 15+ years, and I haven't seen this issue before.

The other question is to get a better audio sound, is it worth replacing the built-in head unit?

Golvery Bluetooth 5.0 Receiver for Speaker, Wireless Audio Adapter for Home Audio Car Stereo with 3.5mm RCA Jack, 16 Hours Playtime, Dual Connection to 2 Cell Phones, Easy Control On/Off Slider

You may want to test something like the above plugged in as the audio source into your DSP thereby eliminating the HU & PAC adapter prior to DSP then play the same source material thru bluetooth to see if this corrects issue. I know the non-JBL pioneer HU on my RAV4 requires no PAC adapter since it outputs analog audio. I take it your RAV4 has the OEM JBL system with HU that only outputs digital which is why the PAC adapter is needed for the D/A conversion?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yea mine has the JBL HU. The PAC was originally used just to give me the controls, without the PAC nothing worked. You could not even control the volume or even use the touch screen. Turned into a Lexus without the trackpad.

I'll see if my installer can do this, thank you

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ended up grabbing 12VDC straight from the convince outlet located in the boot to power the sub (uses an internal fairly small 200W class-D amp)...
@somms Great post!! Maybe I missed it but you talk about where you get power for the sub but I didn't see where you are grabbing the 12VDC power for the ST4.1200D. Did you tap into an existing wire under the dash?

I am putting in a new head unit this week and if it doesn't properly drive the speakers I'll try this amp. I'm curious to see how my JVC drives the two front speakers in parallel. I'm swapping out the dash speakers now with the JBL Club 322F and will do amp then door speakers if I'm not satisfied with the sound.

Thanks for all this info!!

461 - 463 of 463 Posts