Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, Kelly. GOt a question on uploading pics to the public album. How did you guys get the pics to be small and clear. I tried downsizing a pic to your 800x600 pixel maximum and uploaded it. Came out kinda big and pixellated when I viewd it in the album. I tried several things even lowering the size to about 2.5x1.5 inches with about 300 ppi and the pic still came out the same size as before and pixellated after uploading.

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
Hello Slayer!

I use http://www.acdsystems.com/English/Products/ACDSee/index.htm and/or adobephotodeluxe for most of my photo editing.

Resolution of 72dpi should work fine for any photo posted to the web, as that is the max resolution most monitors can display. At 72dpi and 800x600 the photo should display at around 8"x10". Here's a sample - http://rav4world.com/forums/album_page.php?pic_id=1&mode=next

Was it the THUMBNAIL you were viewing? Thumbnails might be kinda fuzzy. Click on the thumbnail to view the full size image.

Also... when viewing the PUBLIC album, be sure to explore the "Users Personal Galleries » Your Personal Gallery". Currently you can upload 8 (upgraded to 16!) of your own pics to your "Personal Gallery" 8)

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like how we can now link to a list of our mods from our vehicle type under our avatar now. Oh yeah, you might want to check the spelling on the Marketplace heading, Kelly.

(Note from Kelly - Thanks Slayer. Typo has been corrected :? )

W

·
0 Posts
i am in need of a active topic button....

i guess rav4oz got me hooked onto it....

·
Registered
344 Posts
Does anyone have suggestions on how to get my avatar pic down from 22kB to 10kB ? :?:
I've already reduced the size to under 140 pixels wide, fewer pixels high, set the dpi to 72, and downsampled the image, and it's still around 22k, which means I can't post the file here. Help! :cry: :(

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
wtfrav said:
i am in need of a active topic button....
We now have a drop down menu, on the front forum page, that displays a list of all posts since last [x] minutes/hours/days/weeks/months. 8)

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
Liz said:
Does anyone have suggestions on how to get my avatar pic down from 22kB to 10kB ?(
Still no luck :?: Try posting it to your "Album" and we'll try to help out :D

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
Yeah... that works, but when the forums gets really busy you might miss something, or want to go back to a message you previously read. Once you've read the posts from the link you provided, then close the forum, then come back a few minutes later... they are no longer listed via that link :roll:

Our new drop down menu of past messages will make it very easy to find anything you might have lost track of. 8)

Also... I know I can't keep people from entering this forum from the link you posted, but... IMHO... it's best to enter from the FRONT PAGE ( http://rav4world.com ), as that way the upper navigation frame loads (Gallery, Links, History, TSBs, Sponsors, Etc.) and that is also the url that will eventually lead to our new PORTAL ENTRANCE.... some day :roll:

P

·
0 Posts
Kelly Smith said:
Yeah... that works, but when the forums gets really busy you might miss something, or want to go back to a message you previously read. Once you've read the posts from the link you provided, then close the forum, then come back a few minutes later... they are no longer listed via that link :roll:

Well what happens is that the forum takes note of the time you last visited and subtracts that from a pre-defined value to determine if there are new posts since you last visited. (works the same with rav4oz) so if you like click off that link I suggested and then come back in 10 mins you wont see any new posts (unless someone posted within those ten minutes).

But yeah, entering off the main page is the best when you have a portal like on http://www.compact4wd.com but like you said kelly, even I too cant stop people from entering through the back door :roll:

the phpBB forums are cool, definitely easy to maintain 8) have you looked into cleaning these images up?
cos I think they were designed for a light background so the outline makes it look a little yuck :p

Im still sticking with Snitz, but using an access database has its limitations when the database starts growing very big (more than 20MB now :shock:) so I might have to switch to a mySQL one soon.

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
praveen said:
have you looked into cleaning these images up?
cos I think they were designed for a light background so the outline makes it look a little yuck :p
Of course... every time I see those WHITE rough edged images it's like fingernails on a chalkboard :shock: I will be fixing them in the very near future. 8)

I think the SNITZ format on R4OZ is VERY NICE. I had thought about using SNITZ here on R4W, but didn't want to look like a copy cat :roll:

·
Registered
986 Posts
I'm usually picky about stuff like that, but I really don't think the images look that bad. I like how both of the forums are white text on a dark background, it's easier on the eyes and looks cool.

I noticed a bug myself today. It occurs when you use the drop-down list to find all the posts since a certain time/day. When it generates the search results and you click on a thread, you can't get back to the search results without having to do the search again.

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
Jeff said:
I'm usually picky about stuff like that, but I really don't think the images look that bad.
I've updated some of the images, so the problem Praveen mentioned is less severe.

Jeff said:
I noticed a bug myself today. It occurs when you use the drop-down list to find all the posts since a certain time/day. When it generates the search results and you click on a thread, you can't get back to the search results without having to do the search again.
Attempted to duplicate the bug today, could not get it to do it. Maybe it was a temporary problem?

·
Registered
986 Posts
It's funny, it still does it with IE, but if I use Firefox it works correctly. It does the same thing on the Rav4oz site. I'll have to check my page cache settings in IE.

P

·
0 Posts
Smaller File Sizes

My avatar is only 7.5K for a 140x100 .jpg with a Q value of 60.

Try using a lower Q value in the jpg setting when you save it. If you are using 80 or higher, the file size will be too big to be accepted. If you are using a .gif, try using a .jpg.

Photoshop Save As Web should work just fine with the default web settings.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Kelly, I found that whenever I click on a picture on the album and after t's loaded and click on "next", it says "This pic does not exist". Is that a bug on the website?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts