Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,tonight i was trying to put some led bulbs into position lights and unfortunately i dropped one of them.It sounded metal but i couldnt see it.Is there any way i can find it,guys? I was waiting for them for like a month,high quality canbus bla bla,and the second reason is there may be rattle to and it can get into way of someting and break it.Thanks a lot guys

·
Registered
8,536 Posts
It might have dropped into the plastic pan underneath the front part of the engine bay - it may be necessary to unscrew and detach that in order to locate the item.

Reactions: Steka

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried some hard braking in my driveway,no sign of it,no rattle,nothing,i'm afraid @rav4system may be right,i'm gonna try plastic pan removal i suppouse..

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any tutorial on how to remove it? Is it too hard?

·
Super Moderator
10,147 Posts
Start taking your car apart. Meantime order a new LED, maybe two. See which takes less time. :wink

Reactions: Steka

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe you're right,nothing bad can happen if it stays there?

·
Registered
8,536 Posts
Any tutorial on how to remove it? Is it too hard?

Too simple a job for a detailed tutorial. Just crawl under the middle of the engine bay of the RAV (much easier if the front is on jack stands) and the screws which secure the plastic pan are obvious. Usually can get by with just undoing the rear screws and use a wire coat hanger, untwisted and with one end bent into a hook, and use that as a retrieval tool.

Or, just leave the bulb there - probably won't hurt anything.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts