Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
I can't find it in my manuals.

RockAuto and NAPA claim # 74.
Autozone says # 2721.

The cluster is easy to remove, let us know what you find.

·
Super Moderator
802 Posts
Which bulbs you intend on replacing?
The "main" 4 bulbs which provide the green illumination are NOT "194 style" bulbs.
The other smaller bulbs (10 to 12) used for the warning/informative lights are "type 74" bulbs.
(Philips 74 Standard Sub Miniature Auto Bulb)
Both types are wedged on the existing grey and black twist sockets respectively.
Try not to tear the green "condom" from the old bulb when you remove it. If you do though, acquirement of new 3mm and 4mm bulb caps is pretty easy and cheap.

Check here: Μετάφραση Google
and here: DIY Comprehensive Interior Lights to LEDs

EDIT: Removed misleading info after CVL77's findings.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry for taking so long to reply. Yes i want to replace the 4 main green ones to white. So the sizes are 194 ill be looking for that and probably purchasing them tonight.

·
Premium Member
1999 Toyota RAV4 with 3MZ-FE 6 cylinder engine, camo wrap, OME lift, heavily modded
2,045 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Which bulbs you intend on replacing?
The "main" 4 bulbs which provide the green illumination are "194 style" bulbs.
(Philips 194 Standard Mini Auto Bulb)
The other smaller bulbs (10 to 12) used for the warning/informative lights are "type 74" bulbs.
(Philips 74 Standard Sub Miniature Auto Bulb)
Both types are wedged on the existing grey and black twist sockets respectively.
Try not to tear the green "condom" from the old bulb when you remove it. If you do though, acquirement of new 3mm and 4mm bulb caps is pretty easy and cheap.

Check here: Definitive led thread for 80s | IH8MUD Forum
here: Μετάφραση Google
and here: DIY Comprehensive Interior Lights to LEDs
The main 4 illuminating bulbs of a 2000 surely aren't 194, ask me how I know!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sorry for taking so long to reply. Yes i want to replace the 4 main green ones to white. So the sizes are 194 ill be looking for that and probably purchasing them tonight.
What bulb did you end up using??? My 2000 surely doesn't use the 194 style

·
Super Moderator
802 Posts
The main 4 illuminating bulbs of a 2000 surely aren't 194, ask me how I know!
How do you know? :cool:

I am genuinely sorry for the misinformation.
Since you've already removed the bulb from its socket, you could measure it at its widest point (or the base, I can't be sure from the video) and determine the type using the guide here: Glass Wedge Base
Click on the various subcategories for more info.

Part number for the incandescent OEM bulb with its socket is 83119-42010 (14v, 3w bulb with a green cap).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts