Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Paid too much for it but happy with result. Need to correct the fitting as it's a little off kilter but looks good, imo. Now setting sights on some big ko2's or wild country tires with the white wall side out.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it were on the Jeep would you be asking the same question? Deer country and my differentials lock. Reason enough.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Critical components like the radiator. You do make a point, though, I have researched them in depth and really the only real reason for these accessories is cosmetic unless you hit a flying squirrel...or you have a full bullet proof-like welded bumper. These things in slow velocity impacts will probably do more damage and potentially seriously harm a pedestrian...but it' just more aggressive and I like it.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Interested where you purchased both bull bar and LED bar + mounting kit...how much did it set you back? I'm digging it!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Can you mount a winch to those? Are they strong enough to be used for what they are intended? Is there a skid plate that comes with it?

Just curious. I always thought they looked nice, but not terribly strong.

If they are not strong enough for a winch, are there any offered that are?

Craig

·
Registered
61 Posts
Right on! I got a similar set up going on as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Right on! I got a similar set up going on as well.

Right on, lol. You got a nice setup. The bull bar and light bar came as a combo I bought from a dealership out of Edmonton. It was either that or order online and they are not easy to find, if at all, in Alberta. You are looking at around $400-$600 for the pair.

They come with mounting brackets that bolt onto your frame with four vertical long-ended bolts. I had to put anti seize on mine after I was sure I busted one, but thankfully it was intact. I also had to get rid of the plastic underside shield as it was directly impeding the bolt assemblies.

It's sturdy enough that I could probably sit on it and it wouldn't move. Only thing that concerned me is airflow and ice build up but it's fine to have on in all conditions. Set my tire PSI a bit higher to compensate for the extra frontal weight.

https://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/58166237559bb/20160930_191443.jpg?

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts