Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Nope... just get one of these really big plate bumper and it should get the job done pretty good... I lives in Brooklyn and so far it's served me good and yes I park my car on the street.

BumpShox XL - Front Car Bumper Protection, Ultimate Front Bumper Guard. Front Bumper Protection License Plate Frame. Tougher Than Steel ! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0041LN1L4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_0ugNzbGGN7TN6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
184 Posts
Never been a big fan of bull bars, with minor collision they usually take entire front out... including a hood. There is not enough support on the bottom mounting points to sustain even minor impact without folding the bar. They look cool though :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
It adds unnecessary weight to a vehicle where MPG is key. If it was a non-hybrid RAV4, then maybe, but not in chrome, I hate chrome, I like all black and what is popular right now.

Good luck!
Peace!:nerd

·
Registered
8,537 Posts
One would need to do a lot of reinforcing of the unibody substructure so that a bull bar wouldn't bend upon impact and take out much of what it is supposed to protect, especially for a later generation RAV. But if I recall, at least a couple of owners (maybe in Australia) have installed them and they have been effective.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts