Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Bumper and Fender for 06 Limited

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  cakerian 
#1 ·
Hey great forum you guys got here. I love that there’s a forum and a freak for everything. Thanks for having me.

My daughter was in an accident (she is OK) and smashed up her fender and bumper. So I’m on the hunt to fix it. A couple of questions.

What is that tank thing just inside the driver side bumper because that got smashed up too. Pictures posted.

I was just going to get one of these cheap unpainted fenders and bumper off car parts. com or eBay.

When I was looking at the bumper parts they have one with a bumper extension or without and I guess I just don’t know what that is even after looking at pictures I couldn’t figure out if she has that or not. maybe you guys can tell by looking at the pictures.

Thanks in advance and if you have any tips on how I should proceed let me know.

Also can you guys tell exactly what color this is? Thanks again.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Glad to hear your daughter is ok. Take a look at this post, which will be exact for the driver fender replacement. My post is at the end where I replaced the entire passenger fender and bumper. The damaged box in your picture appears to be the cold air box.

I bought my fender and bumper from an OEM part recycler found through Car-Part. You can choose the bumper cover or bumper assembly, which the latter includes the bumper reinforcement. The description will indicate the color, which is noted as silver (1F7). Non-OEM will be aftermarket (AM) or CAPA, which will likely not be painted. I chose OEM which is color matched already. You'll need the "w/o fender flare" options for your '06 LTD. You may be able to reuse the driver's fog light assembly if it's functional, then you can choose a bumper without the fog lights, which you can transplant them over. The OEM fender I received also included a fender liner. Looks like you'll need to get a front driver bumper retainer bracket as well. You can find OEM and non-OEM on eBay.

Attachments

#5 ·
What is that tank thing just inside the driver side bumper because that got smashed up too. Pictures posted.
That thing is the intake air resonator for the air cleaner.

2.4 litre

V6

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.