Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told at my Toyota Dealership not to use Dressing products to renew the plastic bumpers and wheel well trim finish. I have a Black 2013 Limited. Does any one know of products that will not dull the texture or color?

·
Registered
124 Posts
I've been using Aerospace 303 inside and out on plastics. Leaves a matte finish, is easy to apply and seems to last well. I've also used Back to Black but prefer this product now for durability and lack of residue.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for your suggestion and the link to Amazon. Do you use this on interior plastic?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Does the Aerospace 303 bring back the Rich Black finish to the Bumpers and Trim?
I've been applying every three months or so proactively. My only experiences in bringing back the finish was after returning from trips to the snow and it worked well. It's purported to resist UV rays. Since I keep my vehicles 10+ years and enjoy detailing, thought I'd try something different. Time will tell on the overall effectiveness.

As an aside, I used Wipe-New on a relative's car that was very oxidized and it did bring back the black color and luster.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
if you want something more permanent, Carpro Dlux, it's silica based and last 12+ months, but it's pricey compared to the OTC products

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tried Mothers Back to Black. Easy to apply and looks great. Now we'll see how long it lasts.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts