Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somewhere I saw what I believe was a Toyota OEM rubber bumper guard that covered most of the horizontal surface of the 06 Rav's rear bumper. Anyway, pur rear bumper cover bus hit and dented and about to be repaired. I figured it might be a good time to forgo the the little step up rubber thing and get one of these babies. Anyone have the Toyota part number or recall the discussion where this part was described? Thanks!

P

·
0 Posts
Goto ebay, do a search for 2006 Toyota RAV4 Rear Bumper Protector. DeLand Toyota sells them there. :D

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Platic or Rubber

Re: the Deland cover...is it a more flexible rubber or a harder platic. Ex: If I slide a 2 X 4 in over a rubber cover it is not likley to mar. A plastic one will scratch. Are there other covers out there?

P

·
0 Posts
Well, yes and no...the cover DeLand is offering is pretty tough. I woul'nt say it's real stiff (actually is more like the useless one that the RAV's coves with only BIGGER) but they are not soft like rubber. There is another one out there, the Japanese version which is stainless steel (see my other post on Japanese bumper protector in this thread) but it is expensive and would not be as tough as the DeLand version nor does it offer quite the coverage as the cheaper (price only) DeLand part. The DeLand part is very easy to put in from what I've heard. Best advice I can give you is go with the DeLand part, price is rite, it's pretty tough and if you're worrying about marring the thing, take a blanket with you and drape it over your bumper and bumper protector. Hope this helps! :D

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
get the Deland Toyota bumper protector. Its worth every penny.

not to thread jack but I stopped there to get my oil changed while on leave and talked to the parts guys and they had to hire another employee for all the eBay business they've been doing. The manager is all giddy like a school girl at the volume of shipping they do.

Support some good guys and buy from them, they even have package deals on mudguards/bumper protectors now. cheaper and less shipping. yay.

P

·
0 Posts
Agreed. These guys treated me right when I had to return a protector due to a bend that occurred in shipping. Got the replacement out to me at a discount.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I put mine on almost a month ago and it was well worth it, very easy to install, like 5 minutes and great protection.

D

·
0 Posts
I put on my DeLand cover on Sunday, and it was a great investment. looks great (says the wife), and I'm a complete idiot when it comes to car-related technical things (although I'm learning!), yet it only took my 10 minutes to install. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
166 Posts
AndreLaplume - (or anyone else) just in case you are wondering what this mysterious non-Deland Toyota cover looks like, I have put a few pics in my album of it, beside this one:

·
Registered
166 Posts
flyingn said:
I do not think he is talking about the factory one .. Which is what is pictured. Everyone is talking about the accessory one that covers the whole top of the bumper.
You know... I figured that was the case after I posted it and started poking around a bit more. (I'm a RAV4 n00b right now :oops: )

I wish I had one that covered the entire top of the bumper and hangs over the edge a bit (see below). I already have one small scrape where the horizontal meets the vertical.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I bought the package deal for $200, no shipping. It included the mud flaps, the rubber floor mats, which I and my wife LOVE, the bugee net thing for the back and the bumber protector. They were all easy to install and I was very pleased with the company. I love the bumper too, it seems pretty solid, so far no scratches.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks

maybe I'll get the Ebay package too. Iwas hoping though for tan mats...and one that covered the whole back floor including that little hump.

G

·
0 Posts
installing bumper guard

So what does the install entail? Drilling and screws or is it a glue operation?

Greg

WineCountry said:
I just put on the Deland Bumper cover and the mud guards. Fast, Clean & easy!

·
Registered
122 Posts
i bought one from DeLand last week, and receive it today... install is VERY EASY.. took me only 5 mins to install..

i showed my wife, and she love it... she said it looks way better than before.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts