Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Victim of some careless driver... Small 1" or so long scuff on the right rear corner of the bumper... :x I'm looking for aerosol touchup paint, but I'm having trouble finding it (or more like trouble accepting the pricetag).

Duplicolor and Plasti-Kote don't have my 8H3 (Nautical Blue Metallic) yet and the places I've found online that will custom mix cost from $14 to $23 plus shipping. So unless the dealer has some available, a minimum of about $21 for a 5-12oz can and then I still need to get flex primer, tape, sandpaper, clearcoat and rubbing compound... *sigh*

Interesting thing to note: Toyota used Nautical Blue Metallic in 1992 for the Celica!

Not even a month old yet... :cry:

·
Registered
682 Posts
How bad is the scuff? If it's minor just polish and wax the bumper. If not then it's gonna be more expensive.

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
dammit! I can't stand some people.. How can they do this to some ones property.

Tony- I do not know how good you at body work but Id swallow the bill and let a body shop do it,. Your not gonna get a perfect match with a spray can. Your truck is worth it. A body shop can't charge more then $250 to do it..

B

·
0 Posts
Sorry to see another nautical blue with a scrape.... I hope you sort it out soon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts