1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Toyota's Prince of Practicality

MARCH 15, 2006
By Thane Peterson

Ten years after its introduction the Rav4 gets an overhaul. It may be jack of all trades, master of none, but it offers a good value

Editor's Review ****- (Four Stars out of Five)

The Good Versatility, optional V-6 engine, and all-wheel drive
The Bad Unattractive interior
The Bottom Line A practical, compact people-hauler at a reasonable price

More at the full article...

R

·
0 Posts
Since they reviewed the dark interior...I tend to agree with their views on the interior. I don't like the darker interior AT ALL! Looks very flat to me, and all closed in...WAY too dark.

This is MY opinion! :) So no bashing! LOL! I like the tan interior of our RAV! LOL!

·
Registered
150 Posts
I don't find the interior particularly attractive either (esp. the seats), but it's fine. The vehicle has more obnoxious problems imo, which we have discussed elsewhere, and it also has very strong attributes (best in class stability and quietness) which more than make up for those deficiencies, none of which are mentioned.

Most vehicle reviews like this are worthlessly superficial, because they are nearly always based on someone taking a test drive or two. To really be able to review a vehicle, you have to drive it around for a month or two, and pay attention to the good and bad in just everyday usage. A good example is the coin holder and cupholders. Those are things that get short shrift in reviews, but they make a difference in your driving life. Maybe the seat didn't make your rear end hurt, but then after a few weeks you took this trip and noticed yourself getting sore. That's the sort of thing I want to know about, not just a standard rundown of components and a superficial overview based on what the wider consensus is (I really think a lot of mags cue off each other).

R

·
0 Posts
chulbert said:
I happen to like the interior console, though I am a Star Wars fan too. Does that make them right? ;)
ROFL! I like the console...and, I haven't seen Star Wars since I was a senior in high school! (R2D2 was awfully cute...lol).

I just don't like the COLOR of the dark grey fabric interior...but, only this! Everything else is great! I really like it being two-toned! :)

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
The interior beening attractive, thats a subjective view to say the least. One may find it attractive and another person may not. Some people like the space ship look of the new Nissan's interior, I personally, would not be caught dead in one of those. One thing I can say for certain is that, Toyota's interior is made from some of the best material used compare to other manufacturer in this price range. Look at GM, Nissan or Honda's interior and you will start to appreciate what Toyota have use for their interior material. Another issue is how the interior is put together. Toyota spends alot of money in engineering and quality control. Their interior have hold up much better over time compare to some of my other cars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts