Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading and posting as I decide on 2013 or 2016 RAV4s.

Now informed, here is my decision- it may be silly to fly out of state to buy a certified car from Toyota in WA, or very smart. I've done this before, but from private party at more risk, and it worked out.

WHAT am I missing in this decision?

Basically I will be spending $800+ of the $1000 I SAVE for the same WA car with half the miles,. Same interest, warranty time,same everything else.

IF I trade my 07 in WA I must drive myself there, hotels for at least 2 nights
so cost may be the same $700 to buy out of state by flying or driving..

Humboldt CA 2013 Rav4 Spruce Mica (geen) -rare color, not repeated
-1775 miles , car in perfect condition
No known service history
-Local used car dealer 1.99%- bought from Toyota auction, a leased car from inside CA , from 300 miles away
Car in service 10-13, expires 10-16
RAV4 price $26K firm
-trade in value of 07 Forester $4K.

Burien WA 2013 same car in green
-8,400 miles ( HALF the milage)
-bought from/sold back to same dealer- MORE history on car?
-all maintenance records thru dealer.
Toyota certified warranty-12 mo./12K miles/7 yr/100K drive train
Car into Service 9/13..36 mo warranty expires 9/16 (same time as certified- so equals out the same? but adds 1 year on drive train?)
Price 24,992.

It is guaranteed to pass Smog in CA, I will pay 7% taxes then too.
Cost to fly one way $313., 4x hotel @$65. misc $200- food/tolls/gas to home etc. Smog is <$60.=$800+

Buying local puts the loan money into our economy, saves all the hassle of flying, days from home, cost of pet sitters, hotels, etc. I will see if I can get the LOCAL guy to meet/beat the WA car price.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update- online details of GREEN 2013- WA RaV4

Used 2013 Toyota RAV4 XLE in Burien 2T3RFREV5DW092190

This is the car I like at the WA site, dealer internet price shown is $1,000 less than local.. I saw they have many more 2013 in some nice colors <25K miles.
(Like "Shoreline mist" --a nice muted blue, not bright blue.

One future problem may be matching the paint for touchups? it is Spruce mica, so "glitters" like mica bits, I imagine that is an added mineral to the green paint, not actual 'color'?

·
Registered
419 Posts
I'd buy the $1,000 cheaper car in WA / still under 10,000 miles.
- CA car has less than 2,000 miles, ask yourself: why was it traded in?
Price being equal (which its not) - I'd buy from dealer before a used car salesman.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AKKKK my fault …..it is 17,775 miles on the CA car..a typo. Price is tied to lower mileage it seems.

Good point on trusting a dealer more, but local guy ONLY buys low mileage <20K ,with warranty left..you get killed fast if you mess with small town buyers, and your business fails soon..

and yes because we are a REMOTE community we get gouged often because we can't hire services….like a plumber from 100 miles away, or have far fewer options and places to buy ANYthing no big malls, etc...PLUS poor competition in a small town with 1 Toyota dealer to service it or buy from.

BOTH cars are very similar price (same actually.."internet" pricing is a gimmick) and I checked a 500 mile radius..and almost every single car is the same price within a few hundred $$.

Calif car is a LEASE turn in… most buyers trade in after 18-24 mo, unlike me who keeps my cars for decade or more!

Don't Toyotas keep their resale value???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts