Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BUYER BEWARE: if you do buisness with PerformancePartz.com I have been burned. Now you don't have to be; :evil:

Vicco27 Keep Rollin:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Buyer beware

Mensajero.....After perusing many websites I settled on performancepartz.com to buy a set of spark plug wires. He listed a set of universal MSD 8.5mm wires that would fit our 99 RAV4 and supposedly all of the hardware came with them. I figured as long as the coil ends could be assembled I could figure out how to put them together. I had found no listing of these wires fitting before, but assumed something had materialized...to my great benefit. :D Upon receipt of the wires, I found there were no coil ends whatsoever that would fit Cubby. So I tried to call the number on the receipt that had to be used to get a return authorization. The number was out of service so I called an operator to find out what was going on. She said the number was unassigned, but tried many different ways, through company name, etc. etc. to get me a useable number to no avail. I emailed his site and never heard a reply. Finally, after filing a complaint with PayPal and sending another email 21 or 22 days later, he finally responded. I don't consider this good business practice. My problems arose from impatience and because I won't leave well enough alone so after waiting 17 days without a response from him, I disassembled my factory spark plug wires, taking all the 5mm hardware off, modifying the coil ends, boots, and covers to fit 8.5mm wire. After that was done, I took the spark plug phenolic tubes, along with the boots, off. I had to bore the phenolic tube centers out to fit the 8.5mm wire, modify the valve cover boots, etc. then assemble the whole thing into new 8.5mm wires, using only four wires from the kit without even using the spark plug ends from the kit. Obviously, when he finally got ahold of me, I was done. I was :evil: What's done is done. He admitted to me that he knew the phone number was no good, yet supposedly, according to the invoice, that was the course of action I was supposed to take. Since I received the product from him, I have found out from MSD that they weren't supposed to fit and I looked at the site last night and the wording is now changed on the listing. I suppose if anybody is really at fault, it's MSD for somehow letting incorrect information to be used. Come to find out, I guess earlier RAV 4s had distributor caps like the old MR2 application. I didn't know this and his site didn't help. My son has purchased from him, too, without problems. As a matter of fact, that's where I found out about him. But because of the lie about the phone number and now the site reading differently, I still feel I was wronged. I did ask for some form of compensation for having to build wires from my parts. He told me it was a universal kit and I should've expected to have to build them. I don't consider 6 hours labor, using 99.9 % my parts, a universal kit. 'Nuff said. :cheers:

vicco27 Keep Rollin'

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Damn, :oops: , that will put some heat under your neck. :evil: . Those EBay boys know how to mess up some-body's day. Sometimes these things happen. But, we all learn from them. Don't feel bad vicco27. From these situation...we all learn. Without a doubt, that has happen many times too, I guess, to all of us.

We must realize that our beloved RAV4.1 parts are in a decline, a long time ago. People take advantage of our eagerness, in the hope of gettig parts to make them cool. That is were all of us have made mistakes and blow some money.

We should pay a little more, and get premium, proven parts. Nology has parts for the RAV4.1, TRD (of course), H&R, Addco, Bilstein, Pacesetter, etc. I'd advice everyone on the forum. ASK...ask...and ask again. First consult with the great guys on this forum. I think we can help with some useful advice from people who have a little more experience on RAV4 parts. And at the same time keep the bucks in our own pockets before a greedy SOB makes us go though a needle heads hole. Here, advice is free from us. It's up to you to spot a scam. If it stinks, it stinks :? Never the less, vicco27. You have thrown the alert. That alert impacts more then you think. Everyone who sees his name from now on will back-off. Then who looses, Performance Productz and EBay for letting this happen. It all comes back to haunt them. God let us fall...so we can learn how to get up, wiser. :wink:

Peace man.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BUYER BEWARE

Mensajero........ You mentioned NOLOGY HOTWIRES if you stop and think about there claimes that product has to be a scam, they claim there wires are 300 Times MORE POWERFULL than a stock wire which typically carries 15000 Volts, if you times that 300 times it comes out to 4500000 Volts :eek:, four million five hundred thousand is I believe hotter than a bolt of lightning, which could I think melt down the whole motor in one zap. consequently the tip of aspark plug would not last very long. The highest voltage racing coil I have ever heard of puts out 75000 volts which is a drop in the bucket to there claim so :?: :?: :?: Also you just typed Performance Productz are they afilliated with PerformancePartz.com or did you typo it? Because __PERFORMANCEPARTZ.COM__ is the outfit I had dealings with not the other one. Like you said always think before you buy. :cheers:

vicco27.........Keep Rollin:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Buyer beware and wires........

Mensajero.......I meant PerformancePartz.com. As to your wires, I didn't say they wouldn't work, and I'm glad they're working out okay for you. I know other people who have them, but Nology Hotwires claims are not scientifically possible. Most people that have them claim they work fine. I, however, would prefer to use a spiral wound and stranded wire, with lots of insulation properties that simply has no more than, say, a 50 ohm per ft. of resistance. That in itself will let enough energy through to ignite even a very fuel rich situation. Anyhoo, have a good one. Catch'ya on the flip side. :cheers:

vicco27 Keep Rollin'

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Re: Buyer beware and wires........

vicco27 said:
Mensajero.......I meant PerformancePartz.com. As to your wires, I didn't say they wouldn't work, and I'm glad they're working out okay for you. I know other people who have them, but Nology Hotwires claims are not scientifically possible. Most people that have them claim they work fine. I, however, would prefer to use a spiral wound and stranded wire, with lots of insulation properties that simply has no more than, say, a 50 ohm per ft. of resistance. That in itself will let enough energy through to ignite even a very fuel rich situation. Anyhoo, have a good one. Catch'ya on the flip side. :cheers:

vicco27 Keep Rollin'
That's true. The numbers kind of...don't add up. :shrug:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts